Speccy 1.08.218 erroneous RAM report

dimi63

Speccy 1.08.218 reports installed RAM as the available RAM and does not report spd.

On a second instance, everything is reported correctly!

As you can see in the attached screenshot of 2 instances of portable speccy, it's showing different memory sizes and no spd in the first one, on an hp probook 4520s with 4GB RAM, running Windows7 Pro 32-bit, i3-370 CPU.

Any ideas??

post-45210-0-05113000-1298368081_thumb.png

In 32 bit Operating Systems the CPU can only address up to a total of 4GB of RAM, however the top of this address space is reserved for your graphics card and PCI I/O space so you never get the full 4GB to use.

You need a 64 bit Operating System and a BIOS capable of hardware address remapping to use 4GB RAM or more.

Richard S.

This is not what I'm reporting...and I do know that much about PCs after 25 years. :)

If you can please take a look at the initial post and the pic, you will see that, in the left screen, speccy reports as installed RAM the RAM available (to the OS), and does not report spd, whereas in the right one, it reports the correct installed and available RAM + the spd.

In that pic you see two speccy instances for the same PC...and that is erroneous RAM reporting!!! It should have been the same at all times.

By the way CPU-Z reports the RAM and the spd correctly at all times, i.e. there is nothing wrong with the laptop, that's why I created this post, to report a possible speccy bug.

Thank you. Dimi

• Moderators

Yes, this is a known problem and the developers are looking into it.

When you ran it in debug mode a Log was written to the speccy folder

can you please attach (as an attachment) that log to this thread

Thanks

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I am just a user with a few extra privilages (the abilty to ban spammers mostly) but the developers read every post so they will look into this.

(Note to all I would have directed the poster to the other topics on this subject but they seem to be not available at the moment)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com