Thumbs up for Arovax Shield! It solved a

slowday444

problem. This morning I was using IE to view some vendor sites that wouldn't load right with FF. Every time I opened it, however, the MS update page opened instead of google "0" updates by the way!). I even stopped it through msconfig, however, all that did was give me the nasty red update shield in the system tray. I was getting ready to post the problem here when AS informed me about an attempted MS home page parameter change. I denied it at first. That didn't work, sure enough when I opened IE it was still the update page. This time, with the AS text box opened, I allowed the change (even though I never actually changed the home page) and google was back! During all of this google would still open when I'd hit the home page icon and then I would even reaffirm it as my home page in Internet Options but dang update would only open when I'd re access IE. How did this "hijack" take place? Also, I was questioning the need for AS since I run ZA Pro, Ewidow, NOD32, MS anti spy, Spware Doc, however, I guess I'll keep it!