slow in analyzing

Ed_Y

Running Win 7 Home Premium with IE8. Is it my imagination or is the analyzing phase slow in getting thru the IE8 "temp internet files" section??? I am running the latest slim version of CCleaner. It's been doing this for at least a month or so, maybe more.

Look inside your temporary internet files folder and just check if there is anything in there and do the same with your temp folder. Maybe it has something to do with index.dat? Have you changed CCleaner's settings recently?

Look inside your temporary internet files folder and just check if there is anything in there and do the same with your temp folder. Maybe it has something to do with index.dat? Have you changed CCleaner's settings recently?

There is/was data in the temp internet folder. I do use IE8 occasionally because of a few picky web sites, so that's to be expected. Always stuff in the temp folder. I use CCleaner every 2 weeks to clean out specified areas. Been doing it this way for years. When I tell CCleaner to analyze, I can watch it cycle thru the temp internet folder very slowly. In times past, it would cycle very quickly but that was with XP and Vista. Maybe there's something different going on in Win 7 (32 bit).

Haven't changed any settings lately.

• Moderators

Also, many programs write to internet cache. Have you added anything, such as a desktop gadget, or program.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Also, many programs write to internet cache. Have you added anything, such as a desktop gadget, or program.

Nope, no desktop gadgets. Haven't added anything that would use the internet cache but then I've never heard of programs writing to the IE cache if IE isn't running.