Internet explorer 9 RC1

Nergal

• Moderators

Is considering locking this topic if xbrowser>ybrowser talk continues.

this should not be a "best browser" converstation if ie9 is faster for one user then it is their choice to use it. If firefox is then use that.

come-on; next y'all will start a MAC < Linux > PC arguement.

N O T Needed

THX

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Hmm, did some more testing out of my own. This is what I think so far:

Internet Explorer 9: Huge, huge improvement over previous Internet Explorer versions. I'd say its become a modern browser now, and a viable choice for a web browser.

Firefox Beta 11: Nice new interface, the most customisable of all the web browsers as normal. I'd say Internet Explorer 9 is faster than Firefox Beta 11 (at least for me), though the customisability of Firefox is worth using it alone.

Latest Chromium/Chrome Canary Builds: Holy cow, they are fast. Fastest thing I've used so far. Scratch that. I should say Opera and Chrome are pretty much equals in speed for me at the moment.

Opera: Great as usual.

Maxthon: ...

Also, I apologise for going off-topic in this topic Nergal.

@redhawk >> If you take the time to include <!DOCTYPE html> to trigger IE9's Standards mode, it works. Of course, when there's no doctype IE treats the page as some old relic made for IE6, thus triggering Quirks mode. ;)

(sorry if I seem angry - I'm just fed up with people posting examples of "something IE can't do" without checking IE renders their code in standards-compliant mode).

Anyway, IE9 has full support for CSS3 selectors. :before, :after, :nth-child, etc. are all supported.

Piriform French translator