Alter CCleaner Includes/Excludes behavior

Super Fast

There is one thing I find lacking from CCleaner Includes/Excludes folder.

It is simple enough to add a file to delete, for CCleaner will automatically determine that the desktop shortcut you created is rightly a file to delete.

The confusion happens when a user dares drag a folder onto CCleaner includes.

They are asked about adding it, yes/no, yada yada, but, they aren't given an option for how to treat the folder (until it has been added!).

It is very common to want to delete an entire folder, but default CCleaner action is to empty it (wherein users have to edit it to change it!)

It is also very common to want to delete only the files within a folder.

So what do I suggest?

How about when a user drags a folder onto CCleaner, it simply asks: What do you want to do with this folder? {Delete} {Empty}

I'd love to be given the option to delete or empty it BEFORE CCleaner decides to add it, not after, since this just wastes a lot of time & needless clicking.

* Alternatively, I thought of the option of having CCleaner add the folder with a drop down menu to the right that auto selects empty folder when a user adds a folder to be deleted.

This way, the default is on Empty Folder, but they can easily navigate with the mouse or arrow keys to the menu & select Delete Entire Folder as an option without having to go to edit so much!

Having it presented while adding would make it so much easier!

Example:

> This folder will be:(Emptied) <---(Drop Down Menu here)---

> -----------------------> (Deleted)

• Moderators

Hi Super Fast.

You can more or less do what you require quite easily and quickly.

Open CCleaners "Include" window.

Drag your folder into the window and select through the 2 "Yes" options.

Highlight the folder and select "Edit".

Choose the option you want for that folder from the drop down menu:

It takes only seconds to do if you want to deviate from CCleaners default folder setting of "Include Files Only".

Thank you for your wondrous reply.

That is most helpful, however, I still feel it is a bit confusing, for the nature of dragging a file to the screen suggests that you would want it totally gone.

I would think that having a drop down menu so that it shows Empty Folder by default (But still enable a person to single click select Delete from the drop down menu) would be both fewer clicks & a more proficient (understandable, easier to use) methodology.

I do like your suggestion, however, if you do lots of files across lots of computers, that 2 or 3 extra clicks really add up!

I know you can save .ini files, but sometimes you need different profiles on different computers, hence the interest.