CCleaner v3.03

MrG

• Admin

cc_128.pngWith the holiday season over we haven't been slowing our development. The new 3.03 build of CCleaner adds support for three new browsers and we've added and optimized lots of cleaning rules, to ensure your computer stays as fast as possible!

Release notes:

• Added K-Meleon browser support.
  • Added Rockmelt browser support.
  • Added Chrome Plus browser support.
  • Added Saved Password cleaning for all browsers.
  • Added cleaning for multiple profiles in Google Chrome.
  • Added Recent Search History cleaning for Safari.
  • Added cleaning for Adobe Acrobat 9.0 and 10.0, Shockwave 10 and 11, Daemon Tools, Compare It! and Microsoft Search Helper Extension.
  • Improved Autocomplete Form History cleaning for IE9.
  • Improved Saved Form Information cleaning for Chromium based browsers.
  • Improved Internet History cleaning for Opera.
  • Improved Internet Cache cleaning for Firefox.
  • Improved cleaning for Silverlight and Adobe Reader.
  • Improved Office 2003 and XP to prevent removal of autocorrect settings.
  • Added more Windows MRU cleaning rules.
  • Added Belarusian translation.
  • Minor UI tweaks and fixes.

You can download now at www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Also don't forget about the new CCleaner Network Edition

View the full blog post

I hate saying it again and again, but instead of waiting for a 'bit of time', why don't you download the regular version and just uncheck "Google Chrome". How hard is it?

Plus its only a few extra kilobytes.

Simplicity is hard.

The installer contains both an Internet Explorer toolbar and Google Chrome. If your default browser is IE you will be offered the IE toolbar, or if it is something else you will be offered Chrome; if Chrome is your default browser you won't be offered anything.

If you want to see this for yourself you can open the installer with 7-Zip (free) or the like. This also works for most other installers.

• Moderators

And If you told it you don't want those on the last version it won't ask (for ccleaner installs) until the date set in the registry. As Winapp2 stated.

Yes Slim build will be released, yes it will be delay, as it has been for the last ~3 releases of piriform softwares

(not official word but darn well near it)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Filehippo host the standard CCleaner download, MajorGeeks offer standard, Slim & Portable editions. As both IE & Chrome are *not* my default browsers, I never get these extra toolbar options.

Windows 7 - Office 2010 - Internet Explorer 9

All better than the versions preceding them :D

• 1 month later...

The installer contains both an Internet Explorer toolbar and Google Chrome. If your default browser is IE you will be offered the IE toolbar, or if it is something else you will be offered Chrome; if Chrome is your default browser you won't be offered anything.

If you want to see this for yourself you can open the installer with 7-Zip (free) or the like. This also works for most other installers.

I didn't know that worked for CCleaner. Wonder what installer they use? Is it an SFX of sorts, or a regular one? I know you can do SFX with WinRAR, WinZip, & that they have Spoon Installer, Create Install free, etc, so wonder what installer they use to make it?

I might like to check it out! Seems pretty simple & nice looking the way the installers are set up.

NSIS, which is one reason there's so many false positives popping up randomly.

Well, I believe you can use the trial of WinRar forever, with full functionality & nothing but a screen after 40 days that pops up to remind you that it is a trial. But it still lets you use it after you click ok.

Rar SFX can be made pretty nicely, & supports silent registry imports, file deletion, multiple files run (one after another, but waiting for the one before it to complete), decent compression, custom icon use, license screen, etc.

Can make very nice SFX with it.

Also supports environment variables such as %TMP%, %WinDir% etc.

If you guys need a different installer, might can look into that, or Spoon Installer, or Create Install.

I believe that Create Install free was easy when I checked last time...

Anyway, wonder if they compile their own NSIS scripts, or use an NSIS GUI?

I know all about WinRAR and how to make very complex SFX archives with it, I've been using it what seems like forever now.

I tested 3.93 against 4 final & it seems that 3.93 max compression is (just slightly) better than 4, or at least on files I tested.

4 also removes windows 98/ME/NT support & raises it to minimum win 2000 or higher.

For now, I am using 3.93 due to the (slightly) higher compression!

• Moderators

For now, I am using 3.93 due to the (slightly) higher compression!

If you're after the smallest size archive make sure solid compression is enabled, but also understand the caveats of enabling it - you won't be able to extract/recover anything past the corruption point in an archive with solid compression.

I didn't notice the compression differences between 3.93 and 4.0, but then again I really wouldn't since I use a recovery record the minimum being 3%, and for really important stuff 10% (which is overkill) and no solid compression.