windows media player

oli

• Moderators
Windows Media Player?

<shudders!>

22068[/snapback]

WMP is not a bad program. For someone who just wants to burn audio discs and listen to music, why not?

Oli I don't have any idea what the problem is. Seems to me like that safe xp program messed up a reg key somewhere. Does it have a restore feature to undo its fixes?

also i just looked at the wmp10 help thingy and it said that it got the media info off windowsmedia.com but i cant find this newhere. on wmp9 it begins with this start.

edit i was also just thinking are there any particular services that need to be running in order to do this??

22065[/snapback]

Sorry I couldn't help with your main problem but some info ... I believe WindowsMedia.com is the default Online Store for the US version of WMP10. With the Canadian version, it was Napster's Canadian site. I think it's because of differing copyright laws.

D'Oh! - Did you ever have these features work? When WMP10 was first released, I seem to recall there were different versions by country. Could it be that these features aren't supposed to work for that reason?

i never tried before but some of my friends can use it so surely i could aswell. safe xp does have a restore feature which i tried but it did not work

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am

i found that safe xp makes this proccess irreversible. but i assume you can reverse it if u save the settings. so this is my request would some1 be able to download this program save their settings without using it and send me the file i would be very grateful. especially if it worked

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am