HP Photosmart All-in-One B010 printer

Atnes

My brand new device HP Photosmart All-in-One B010 printer demands me to use SETUP cartridges, which I DO, of course - they came with the product anyway. I bought the thing last Sunday, only to discover that the TouchSmart screen was not working, so I could neither scan nor copy my documents. I could perform standard printing jobs quite satisfactorily, though - without, a I say, scanning and copying possibilities. Following the advice of our HP Customer Support Service, I exchanged the printer for a new one earlier today, installed it and set it up according to the recommended procedure, Now, the printer doesn't even start to print, not even then test page, because it wants me "to use the SETUP cartridges", which is pure nonsense, because I am using them anyway - they typically come with the product..:rolleyes: Why is this happening (to me)? Nobody seems to understand - my printer doesn't work because it cannot recognize the cartridges for what they are; SETUP cartridges. Another thing is that the HP Solution Center also doesn't seem to recognize my new printer; it keeps telling me that my old one, HP F 300 series, - is disconnected - and does not notice the presence of the new one, although I have already set it as my default printer. I bought this printer on Sunday because my F 380 series went suddenly out of order, and I thought didn't have the time to get it fixed because of my working deadlines: I NEEDED THE PRINTER - - and now I am wasting my time have been for the past TWO days!! with this new monster.:angry: Any suggestions about how to persuade the printer that the cartridges ARE the correct ones?

Thank you in advance!

Atnes

Once you've used the setup cartridges they're no longer recognised as setup cartridges.

So when you exchanged for a new printer they should have given you new setup cartridges.

Richard S.

Once you've used the setup cartridges they're no longer recognised as setup cartridges.

So when you exchanged for a new printer they should have given you new setup cartridges.

Richard S.

Thank you, Richard. And they DID, that's the point. THAT'S WHY i DON''T UNDERSTAND IT. And I even installed the software that came with the new product CD once again - although it was the same software for the same type of product - and still ... Then I went back to my seller and asked him to give me the used cartridges back - just to see if maybe the printer would rather recognise the used ones - NOTHING. The same message: "Please use SETUP cartridges." What should I do? What could be the cause for my printer's strange behaviour?

Thanks anyway :rolleyes: .

regards, Atnes

• Moderators

Today (1/11/11) only Hands on HP help sessions in their forums. You may be able to work it out better with them

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-and-All-In-Ones-Experts/ct-p/InkJet

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

No problem (my ear is to the HP ground as I am a proud owner of a Palm Pre+ Smartphone LOL )

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com