ccclean will not find internet explorer temporary files

julevine

i just retested this bug on jan 26 2011 and it still is there

i tested this bug again in i think in april 2011 with version Version 3.06.1433

major bug: cccleaner moves IE temporary folder

first time i noticed this bug when i could not delete any files from temporary files folders,cookies.history. Then i looked for my tempory files folder and saw it moved to temp C:\Documents and Settings\pc\Local Settings\Temp

then i moved it back to C:\Documents and Settings\pc\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

and everything was working normal

then i ran cccleaner to delete files in this folder and immediately the folder changed to the temp folder again

i tried everything else before

system info:

cccleaner v3.02.1343

using IE 6.0.2900.5512 sp3 with the lastest windows updates

i retested this bug with Version 3.06.1433 and it happened right after i deleted Temporary Internet Files right after i looked in browser and it changed location to C:\Documents and Settings\pc\Local Settings\Temp

hope you understand

please fix the problem soon

please keep this topic open so i can inform you of this problem with future versions

i noticed with the new version of cccleaner v3.02.1343 will not find any temporary files,cookies,history the others for internet explorer when i analyzed these folders the results are no files found but there are files in these folders

please fix this problem soon or help me fix it

thank you

Ignore exassse. He does not understand what he has already been told about how index.dat is NOW CLEANED.

He would prefer that it be deleted as it used to be,

even though he fails to realize that CC CANNOT and never did delete index.dat,

and in the past only "marked for deletion" by the system as it rebooted.

The new method is far superior.

What is now cleaned is no longer present should you continue to browse before rebooting.

Your issue is entirely different.

What version of I.E. are you using ?

Please specify the complete path and name of the folders and files you are concerned about.

Alan

i want to clean files in these folders

C:\Documents and Settings\pc\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

C:\Documents and Settings\pc\Local Settings\History

C:\Documents and Settings\pc\Cookies

just noticed it only deletes files when there is enough files in folder

i though i fixed it but no internet explorer keeps resetting the folder back to the temp folder

how do i fix this problem

Is I.E.6 still supported with security updates ?

I thought M.S. had abandoned it ! !

I have I.E.7 and when it became wise to update to I.E.8 I became wiser still,

I set my Firewall to totally block it ! ! !

My only active browser is now Firefox.

I only have things like index.dat and desktop.ini in the folders you stipulate,

but many versions of CC have purged them since I last let I.E. onto the Internet.

Now that we know what you are using and where the locations are I will bow out and leave this for I.E. users to assist.

Regards

Alan.

i finally say cccleaner has a major bug in it

if i use cccleaner to delete files in these folders my internet explorer temporary files folder will change to C:\Documents and Settings\pc\Local Settings\Temp

please fix cccleaner soon

• Moderators

The issue is not actually that it waits til there are enough

I'm not sure why it would not be deleting these files, my xp box has the temporary files in the same locations that you state but ccleaner picks them up fine.

Alan, you only have those files because you don't use IE please use caution when typing those things as you will confuse the poster. That said, Alan's very correct you need to install IE7 (at least). IE6 is very insecure and many sites (including google and Microsoft's own sites) are phasing out support for it.

if after you install IE7 you still are having the issue we can explore other causes of the non-deletion.

couple more things to look at

1) In ccleaner go to OPtions>Advanced and make sure "only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 24 hours" is not checked

2) do the following

2. Exit all instances of Internet Explorer
  3. Open Task Manager
  4. go to the second tab "processes"
  5. sort (by clicking of the header) by name
  6. go down to programs that start with i
  7. kill process on any and all iexplore.exe
  8. run ccleaner's temporary internet files cleaning (Right click temporary internet files and choose clean)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

cccleaner is the cause

This post gives no information. If you are not willing to troubleshoot the issue then there is nothing that can be done for you. I have given you the steps that are needed to begin giving the developers what they need to isolate the bug (be there one).

You will not receive any movement on your issue if you don't provide the information needed.

Neither the, Volunteer, helpers nor the, unpaid by users, developers are sitting at your computer, thus we need you to run troubleshooting steps as are laid out to you. Secondly do NOT open two threads with the same issue. I have closed your second thread. The first issue we are working on is most definitely tied to the temp folder changing issue thus it is only necessary to have one thread.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Ignore exassse. He does not understand what he has already been told about how index.dat is NOW CLEANED.

He would prefer that it be deleted as it used to be,

even though he fails to realize that CC CANNOT and never did delete index.dat,

and in the past only "marked for deletion" by the system as it rebooted.

The new method is far superior.

What is now cleaned is no longer present should you continue to browse before rebooting.

Your issue is entirely different.

What version of I.E. are you using ?

Please specify the complete path and name of the folders and files you are concerned about.

Alan

Please guy ,

write my name correctly :angry:

And don't accept like the truth what you have been told.... :)

i just retested this bug on jan 26 2011 and it still is there

i tested this bug again in i think in april 2011 with version Version 3.06.1433

major bug: cccleaner moves IE temporary folder

first time i noticed this bug when i could not delete any files from temporary files folders,cookies.history. Then i looked for my tempory files folder and saw it moved to temp C:\Documents and Settings\pc\Local Settings\Temp

then i moved it back to C:\Documents and Settings\pc\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

and everything was working normal

then i ran cccleaner to delete files in this folder and immediately the folder changed to the temp folder again

i tried everything else before

system info:

cccleaner v3.02.1343

i retested this bug with Version 3.06.1433 and it happened right after i deleted Temporary Internet Files right after i looked in browser and it changed location to C:\Documents and Settings\pc\Local Settings\Temp

hope you understand

please fix the problem soon

please keep this topic open so i can inform you of this problem with future versions

• 4 months later...

You seem to be very rude editing various posts dated in January to SHOUT that the problem remained in April.

You are also deceitful.

On 3rd Jan I quoted from your first post

i noticed with the new version of cccleaner v3.02.1343 will not find any temporary files,cookies,history the others for internet explorer when i analyzed these folders the results are no files found but there are files in these folders

please fix this problem soon or help me fix it

thank you

I now see that you not only editted to SHOUT but also removed the request that we help you to fix it.

and you have no interest in providing any information that would allow us to help you.

You are no longer interested in using our help to fix it,

you just want to shout at us because you have a defective system which does things you do not understand,

You are insisting upon using an obsolete and insecure version of I.E.6 for which support is being reduced by others.

Your alternatives are to revert to an earlier version of CCleaner which works the way you like it,

or to upgrade I.E.

or to use a different browser.

Moderators also have alternatives, such as locking topics that serve no useful purpose.