CCleaner cleaning improvement

• Moderators

I have no idea about it! :s

well then we can't really help you all that much

however (and this will take a while) you could

2. download regshot from http://regshot.sourceforge.net/
  3. place a checkmark in the scan directory box the type c:\ in the form for that section
  4. run the first shot
  5. open webinstaller
  6. click delete cache
  7. run the second shot
  8. run the compare
  9. and post the compare output as a file to this thread and I will look at it and see if I can find the cache (alternatly you could look at the file and find the cache yourself and post it here)
  10. and then winapp2 or I (or anyone else) could help in making an entry

Please remember not to do anything else with the computer during/between the 1st and second shots or it'll take longer to parse the compare

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Hey man i am not an CCleaner operator to do that take your team to help you i only report it to you to help you to improve your program and not give you the folder direction or install programs to do your job

if you wanna make your program better here is an idea if you wanna to ignore it just do, but take care the users that reporting their ideas they are not forced to do this they do it for helping you to be better.

- Thanks!

I Would Like To Kiss You But I Cant Tell Me Why Not My BaBy ? ? ?

Hey man i am not an CCleaner operator to do that take your team to help you i only report it to you to help you to improve your program and not give you the folder direction or install programs to do your job

if you wanna make your program better here is an idea if you wanna to ignore it just do, but take care the users that reporting their ideas they are not forced to do this they do it for helping you to be better.

- Thanks!

If you want your program added you need to provide more info, you cant say just say "Hey add this" and expect people to do the rest, take some initiative

• Moderators

- Thanks!

This is a free program with a support forum manned by volunteers (including the moderators) who give their time for free. It isn't a job as you call it, and 99% of members coming here with requests or suggestions do their best to aid us with a little information.

I would have thought it shouldn't be too difficult for someone who is a scripter and programmer to find the location of the area they want cleaning. Someone with that sort of knowledge could add the location to CCleaners winapp2.ini file, if they could be bothered.

There's also a feature in CCleaner called "Include", the purpose of which is enable people to "clean" a location not widely requested by other users. If it isn't too much trouble, maybe you could read the CCleaner guide which gives a clear description of the "Include" feature. There's a link in my signature to the Piriform guides should you put aside some time to do that.

Hope that helps.

• Moderators

Truth is, I installed this program and tried to find the cache (not through the method I mentioned above only manually) previous to my previous post. I was not willing to download tons of products via it. You on the other hand have it installed and use it. So if you want an entry (which Winapp2.ini and I are both willing to provide) YOU need to follow the steps I laid out to discover whats being cleaned. Else not any skin off my back.

The most direct route to a program being added to the default program is for it first to be tested through the Winapp2.ini file and thus via your aid and our volunteer staff and member-base.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

If I had to guess, I would say the cache folder is probably in one of 3 places:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Web Installer*\Cache

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Web Installer*\Cache

%AllUsersProfile%\Microsoft\Web Installer*\Cache

* I put web installer here, but I don't know if this is the folder name. Please try you \Microsoft\ directories in these places and look for a similar directory.