64bit recognition

studioCJF

My Ccleaner shortcuts are not pointing to the x64.exe [on clean install of Win7-64bit-Pro on a new drive back when Win7 first came out]

I have been using Ccleaner forever... for that matter all of the Piriform Utilities... thanks for all the great programs.... anyway I just noticed today that all my Ccleaner shortcuts are pointing to the non-x64.exe. However... I did notice that all the other Piriform Utilities are correctly pointing to the x64.exe versions of their respective programs... just not Ccleaner

I assume this may be because I was running the original version of Ccleaner before the 64bit version was available and have always updated vs clean install in order to keep all the settings/cookies/etc... in place. I know it is easy enough to edit the shortcut paths... but i also use the Recycle Bin right-click options and assume they are also not pointing to the x64.exe and am not sure how to edit those options. Anyway... I may try the "save settings as ini" option and uninstall/reinstall to see if that solves the issue... BTW Ccleaner shows the correct info in the top/left corner of the the window... see attached snippy...

post-33175-081014200 1291486700_thumb.png

anyone got ideas?

• Moderators
Anyway... I may try the "save settings as ini" option and uninstall/reinstall to see if that solves the issue...

Yes this should work fine be sure to copy the ccleaner.ini out of the folder before uninstall, just in case

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Yes this should work fine be sure to copy the ccleaner.ini out of the folder before uninstall, just in case

Nergal... Thanks for the responce that worked great and solved the issue CCleaner is now in "Program Files" instead of "Program files (x86)" and all the shortcuts now point to the x64bit.exe