About Boot Time Defrag

Silent Rain

After running Boot Time Defrag in Defraggler 2.00.230 in the program Auslogics Registry Defrag is still offering to do a defragmentation of registry :(

How about a defrag the registry files during OS boot? That would be really amazing! In this case, one could forget about the use of special (usually paid) programs to defragment the registry, like Auslogics Registry Defrag.

Developers, what do you think about this feature?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Ukraine :)

"The problem doesn't seem to be that people are waking up dead, but that dead people are waking up" (Andrew Maxwell)

"Are we worth saving? You tell me" (Debra Moynihan)

"Silence is also a sound" (Akira Yamaoka)

• Moderators

Registry Defrag is

1) useless: There is no proof of any benefit given via Reg defrag/compaction.

2) dangerous: many people find that after a reg defrag they are faced with un-usable systems and have to reload windows.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Registry Defrag is

1) useless: There is no proof of any benefit given via Reg defrag/compaction.

2) dangerous: many people find that after a reg defrag they are faced with un-usable systems and have to reload windows.

With Auslogics Registry Defrag has never been described problems! After registry defrag Windows did work faster!!!

"The problem doesn't seem to be that people are waking up dead, but that dead people are waking up" (Andrew Maxwell)

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Ukraine.

Welcome Silent Rain, your English is correct. Apology is unnecessary.

Nergal's post reflects the general sentiment of Piriform and the membership, in that it is better to use relatively safe methods to enhance performance. For example, other programs entice me to clean my registry after finding 100+ "problem keys", yet I prefer the safety of CCleaner's milder recommendations.

Registry compaction and defrag programs often tout the ability to improve performance manyfold yet they do not advertise the inherent risks nor publish the problems they may have caused.

If you are content with Auslogics Registry Defrag then continue using it. For safety, I suggest you backup your registry with Erunt before running the Auslogics program.

Anyway, developers (Piriform), what do you think about this feature? It makes sense to wait until it added in future versions? :rolleyes: