Free Online Storage

tomcatonnet99

Hi people,

I'm on the look out for a secure, online storage site that doesn't have time limitations, has file/folder sharing rights/privileges and allows Folder uploads ( as opposed to individual file uploads)

Storage upto 10GB or more would be great! Should allow unlimited downloads or at least a decent daily quota...

Whats the best?? which services do you avail off?

cheers

Windows Live Skydrive is the best I can think of. If you have a Windows Live ID, you can use it to sign in there.

Windows Live Skydrive has 25 GB free online storage for your convenience.

You can add contacts in there too that you can share your files with.

You can create new folders in there and set if you want that public (you contacts can see and download your files) and even give your friends the privilege to delete some files on a folder you made public.

If you have Microsoft Silverlight plugin, you can upload files in there easily but I think there is still a limit on how many files you can upload at a time.

If you want to upload multiple files at once, you can just zip your multiple files on a ZIP file which can be uploaded as a single file.

It has saved me quite a bit for a number of times.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

MultiUpload.com is my favorite. As far as I know, there aren't any limits to the file size you can upload, or if you have a limited amount of space etc. You can upload multiple files onto it at the same time, and it even comes with a free batch upload manager that you can download and install to upload files directly from your computer. I don't know if it would fit all of your needs, but hey, it works for me.

• Moderators

Is the question for file sharing or online cloud storage? Suggestions here range on both those methods.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

MultiUpload.com is my favorite. As far as I know, there aren't any limits to the file size you can upload, or if you have a limited amount of space etc. You can upload multiple files onto it at the same time, and it even comes with a free batch upload manager that you can download and install to upload files directly from your computer. I don't know if it would fit all of your needs, but hey, it works for me.

good for sharing files, but doesn't allow personal stuff to be uploaded as a cloud storage

• Moderators

For Cloud storage with Sharing Ability I think Microsoft Live Drive (Free) as suggested by Ishi

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com