My 2 CD Drives

DAE

• 2 weeks later...

So if this doesn't work, just get a new PATA cable, and maybe that will solve your dilemma.

He doesn't need a new cable.

Disregard this message. I just finished reading all of the posts.

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

He doesn't need a new cable.

Disregard this message. I just finished reading all of the posts.

?

I suggested that because he said that both drives went "bad" at the same time. If they are both either primary or secondary, and they both fail at the same time, that would mean it is possible that the data cable shorted out (since if it shorted out, both drives would not be able to be read/written from/to, and therefore Windows would not see them).

Obviously in this particular situation, that was not the case. But that is all part of troubleshooting; look at every potential problem and see if it is the culprit or not.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

?

I suggested that because he said that both drives went "bad" at the same time. If the are both either primary or secondary, and they both fail at the same time, that would mean it is possible that the data cable shorted out (since if it shorted out, both drives would not be able to be read/written from/to, and therefore Windows would not see them).

Obviously in this particular situation, that was not the case. But that is all part of troubleshooting; look at every potential problem and see if it is the culprit or not.

I know, but I had just experienced the exact same problem and had already solved it (this morning). Therefore, I knew that the cable wasn't the problem. Although...You were definately thinking logically about the situation.

Peace! B)

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Oh, so you did solve it. What did the problem end up being (or did I just miss it when you posted it)? Glad it is fixed!

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Oh, so you did solve it. What did the problem end up being (or did I just miss it when you posted it)? Glad it is fixed!

It was posted in this thread so I didn't think that I should post it again. But I left you a note in the Lounge (I think) that it was fixed.

Yea!!!

K