Partial drive map update

mr don

I did not post this under bugs, as I did not feel it was technically a bug, since Defraggler updates the drive map after a complete analyze.

I was thinking along the lines that this possibly could be considered a new feature, so bear with me here.

Defraggler is really nice to use, but sometimes someone wants to do a partial analyze/defrag so they pause or stop after say, 50% analyze.

What then happens, is that if a user selects all files in the files area to defrag, is Defraggler has not done a full analyze, so the blocks are still black & white!

I was wondering perhaps, if it was feasible/possible to add the ability that if someone were to click the files on a partial analyze, that Defraggler could update the drive map to show only the areas it has analyzed in color? Currently, all a user sees on a partial analyze is black & white blocks if they defrag like that!

Feel free to comment. I thought it would be a cool idea, so if you like it or hate it, comment away!

If it were possible, this would mean what? What would the purpose of showing/indicating what one already knows i.e. I have just "paused" or "canceled" the operation. Agreed that it would probably look better but!!!!! (just my two Penneth worth)

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

If it were possible, this would mean what?

- I did not know if it was possible to do an on the fly drive map update. But if it was, I thought it would be cool.

What would the purpose of showing/indicating what one already knows i.e. I have just "paused" or "canceled" the operation.

Agreed that it would probably look better but!!!!! (just my two Penneth worth)

- Purpose is that when someone does a partial defrag, they can see what is happening. Cannot see what black & white box operations mean...