Ask Toolbar no more?

hazelnut

I don't see anything in that announcement that they will discontinue the toolbar...?

Maybe you know something that I don't...?

And so say all of us.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

I dislike the toolbars. Inexperienced users often install (often on freeware apps) without unticking the option to install a toolbar and their browsers get cluttered up. But Google Chrome is now the optional extra package that comes with the standard CCleaner build.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

But Google Chrome is now the optional extra package that comes with the standard CCleaner build.

Chrome I could live with as a suggestion, toolbars are another thing altogether though. I'd think by now that any Chrome offers would also have a thank you page if the user already has Chrome installed rather than having to tick about boxes, I guess things aren't that advanced yet.

I dislike the toolbars.

So do most users. But the Ask toolbar is an especially vicious one, considered by many as spyware. Some vendors (like Foxit) bundle the toolbar in a way that you need a double opt-out to prevent it from getting installed, and in some versions even that double opt-out did not prevent it from getting installed. (It also did not provide an uninstaller!)

I really hope that this particular pest will disappear from the face of the earth! :angry: