Heavy linguistical mistake

Linguist

I found a really severe mistake in the Spanish translation of the latest version of CCleaner.

ccleanerheavymistake.png

?Como norma general, los prefijos y elementos compositivos se escriben soldados a la palabra a la que se unen, sin guion intermedio.?

Real Academia Espa?ola

sobrescribir.

1. tr. Escribir o poner un letrero sobre algo.

2. tr. Poner el sobrescrito en la cubierta de las cartas.

Real Academia Espa?ola

So it should always be Sobrescritura.

And other type of pretty big mistake that was already present in older versions and I wanted to let you know:

Aunque en la lengua oral tienden a tomar marca de plural, las siglas son invariables en la escritura; por ello, cuando se quiere aludir a varios referentes es recomendable introducir la sigla con determinantes que indiquen pluralidad. Debe evitarse el uso, copiado del ingl?s, de realizar el plural de las siglas a?adiendo al final una s min?scula, precedida o no de ap?strofo.

Real Academia Espa?ola

Would you mind saying what your explanation of this error is in English please.

?Aunque en la lengua oral tienden a tomar marca de plural, las siglas son invariables en la escritura; por ello, cuando se quiere aludir a varios referentes es recomendable introducir la sigla con determinantes que indiquen pluralidad. Debe evitarse el uso, copiado del ingl?s, de realizar el plural de las siglas a?adiendo al final una s min?scula, precedida o no de ap?strofo.?

Although in the oral language they tend to take mark of plural, the initials are invariable in the writing; for it, when one wants to allude to regarding several it is advisable to introduce the acronym with determinants that indicate plurality. The use copied of English must be avoided, of realizing the plural of the initials adding in the end one small letter s, preceded or not of apostrophe.

An example: In spanish should be DVD, and not DVD's

Hope it helps :D

• Moderators

this the same spelling issue as http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=29446&view=findpost&p=180594

but a seperate program.

Again, I'll state that unless the developers have contacted you to fix the translation I'd suggest doing what I said in that thread and posting your version of the translate with the hopes that they will use it.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 4 weeks later...

Version 3.01 and that really huge mistake is still present.

Sobrescritura never should be written as *Sobre-escritura. Never. The rules are clear. All dictionaries tell what's the correct form. No discussion. No doubt.

• 4 months later...

Version 3.05 and it's still uncorrected. No one seems to care around here. If you are not interested in the quality of every aspect of your software, just don't create sofware. Spanish translation do cointains errors, mistakes... I'm telling you... I can't do more...

• Moderators

Version 3.05 and it's still uncorrected.

I agree the butchering of a language in software is rather annoying, I've seen it often.

Since it bothers you, you could at the least offer to fix the mistakes like Nergal already has suggested. Who knows if the original Spanish translator has even seen this topic or your other one to know there's a problem.

Sometimes if you want something done you just have to do it yourself, and in that way you'd also be benefiting the Spanish users of the products.

I agree the butchering of a language in software is rather annoying, I've seen it often.

Since it bothers you, you could at the least offer to fix the mistakes like Nergal already has suggested. Who knows if the original Spanish translator has even seen this topic or your other one to know there's a problem.

Sometimes if you want something done you just have to do it yourself, and in that way you'd also be benefiting the Spanish users of the products.

Thank you for the answer! At last, a moderator talks to me!

If you read some of my previous posts (the first ones in this forums), you'll see I offered my Spanish knowledge and my time. I tried to contact admins or mods, but nobody answered.

If you tell me how can correct and improve CCleaner Spanish translation myself, I'll do it happily.

What is happening to me in this forums is really unbelievable. In all the programs I've helped with, developers and admins never ignored me like so much...

Regards.

Send a PM to a member of the Piriform staff (MrRon, MrT, MrG...), they should answer you.

And don't worry, this is a small mistake compared to what the French translation was before I started translating Piriform products ;)

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

Thank you for the answer! At last, a moderator talks to me!

Regards.

I'm just a regular user like you, I only volunteer as a moderator and have no official affiliation with Piriform other than volunteering. I can only give advice.

Send a PM to a member of the Piriform staff (MrRon, MrT, MrG...), they should answer you.

It may be better to PM MrT he's a bug fixer, and can relay the info the the Admins.

• 4 months later...

I'm just a regular user like you, I only volunteer as a moderator and have no official affiliation with Piriform other than volunteering. I can only give advice.

It may be better to PM MrT he's a bug fixer, and can relay the info the the Admins.

Thank you for the kind replies and the info.

I've sent a message to MrT. I hope the big mistake will be corrected someday... And not so late.