Masking file formats

Invictus

My work blocks anything to do with .mp3 or .avi etc. i.e. media formats. Is there any way of masking the format so that I can still download it?

I suppose while I'm harping on about this, the work also has blocked a handful of sites (mostly .mp3 sites), so again is there anyway to overcome this?

Thanks!

Actually I was being incredibly irrational.

Thanks Glenn for making me more aware. The law here wouldn't go so far as terminating my employment, but what it would do is land me in hot water with the IT dept.

Truth be told, I mustn't look a gift horse in the mouth. I have a decent unlimited connection to the net. Should I want the needed AVI or MP3 files, I can download them in my own time on my own connection.

Please ignore my request for help.

my last employer restricted us from installing anything, but we could download whatever we wanted. i kept debating using bittorrent to download stuff since you don't install it to us, but i was nervous to do so since it would be obvious to anyone monitoring that i was dl sooo much more than anyone else. in the end, i think if you feel uneasy about something at work, then it is likely dangerous/wrong to do it, our gut feelings are often reliable.

just my $0.02 here.