Maybe Hacker, Maybe Not

Mudd

I have a wireless network for the house only. Three PCs on it. Has been connected for about one year and no problems. Just last week each time I start my Desktop PC I get a small window indicating a new something or the other is there and asked for and I have to check OK to get it go go away. Is someone trying or connecting to my system?

I've taken my Laptop in my Auto and about 250 feet away from the router the signal drops off. I live in a rural area and there are no neighbors anywhere near, maybe a 1/4 mile away.

I've attached a picture. Blanked out the MAC Address because I don't know anything about this and thought I maybe should. If not and it would Help, I'll furnish it.

I'm just not with this stuff as much as I should be.

Hey, start getting the candles ready. If I make 27 more days the big 76 years of age arrives. :)

Mudd

Workgroup usually means one of the other computers in your little ''group'' at home.

You had one of them off for a while and had a pc tools update in between?

Good to know I'm not getting into Hot Water. Your are right, as I connect the Laptop only when we go out. Grouch has a Table PC in the back of the house and I have a Desktop in my junk room. They stay connected. Her car has a AC converter built in and I take the Laptop with us, Can usually find and "opening" to check mail and stuff.

Thanks for your quick reply. Made the Post, had my lunch and back to the PC with a reply already, just like you were waiting for some idiot to ask a fool question!!!

Thank you Ma'm for the information.

Mudd

We'll have a party in 27 days time, so don't forget to turn up.

:)

We'll have balloons and stuff at least.

I hope I make it Dennis. Feel better today than I have in months. Most bones are healed, knee ligments repaired, off crutches and out of wheelchair. What else could and old man want?. I'm very fortunate that I don't have disgestive problems like a lot of my old friends. Seems that comes with age on some people.

Thanks for coming in, glad to hear from you.

Mudd

I hope I make it Dennis. Feel better today than I have in months.

Good news. Glad to hear it. :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.