MS Security Essentials vs Spyware Blaster

papajoe

I notice in another thread that a new, updated version of Spyware Blaster has been released. I have been using MS Security Essentials for some time now, and it seems to be doing the job for me.

However, I was wondering if people considered Spyware Blaster to be better. I would be interested in reading comments anyone has and finding out if I should switch.

Thank you.

One key fact you should note is that Spyware Blaster is NOT an antivirus or antimalware program. It just prevents you from being infected in the first place by blocking loads of sites that contain malware. It's designed to be installed alongside your current AV, not as a replacement for it.

If I may add a bit, I have used it for many years, and it has never conflicted with any other AV or malaware app, and I have used lots of different ones.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

papajoe just for info,I have Spyware Blaster installed and am now using MS Security Essentials,both are running along side each other with no conflicts

papajoe I too "the same as Fluffy" on a Windows 7 PC

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

• Moderators

The way SpywareBlaster is made non-resident it really shouldn't conflict with any real-time/resident anti-malware, anti-virus, or anti-spyware software.

Although in the past some of what it did overlapped with Spybot - Search & Destroy, meaning:

Removing the site protection from either one would cause the other tool to need the site protection re-applied. Something to remember if someone is using both SpywareBlaster and Spybot - Search & Destroy.