Hard Drive Selection in CCleaner!?!

michaelbret

Heh, I am new to this forum, like most. But this message goes out to the Creator of CCleaner. I have been using your program for the last 4 revisions. I really enjoy computers and often just for the fun of it removing spyware from my friends and relatives computers. I usually take their hdd out and put it in a IDE to USB carrier. I have been praying for the last few revisions for you to add a feature that would allow several things.

#1 A screen that would allow CCleaner to run on several drives. Since I add their drive to my computer via usb, I have to manually tell CCleaner what files to clean, since by default it is trying to clean my c drive only.

#2 Another helpful feature would be to allow CCleaner to clean the temp files of ALL users, not just the default or administrator. I dont know how you could program it, but if you could make CCleaner have a checkbox option to select users, or just run on all users on all selected HDDs, this would be drop a train on them addition.

Thank you for all the work you have put in to your program. Do you accept donations?

Thanks again,

Mike Jordan, Nebraska

Suggestions go here.

Your second suggestions has been suggested before hopefully MrG is working on it. As for your first suggestion What do you mean by running on several drives? CCleaner does not scan your pc for random files it will only clean preconfigured files, folder & registry entries as defined in the winapp.ini and winapp2.ini files.

Suggestions go here.

Your second suggestions has been suggested before hopefully MrG is working on it. As for your first suggestion What do you mean by running on several drives? CCleaner does not scan your pc for random files it will only clean preconfigured files, folder & registry entries as defined in the winapp.ini and winapp2.ini files.

I ran into one today, the person was backing up their C: partition to D: they were both totally ate up with spyware/adware and such. I was able to run CCleaner on drive C: so I didn't have to scan 50,000 (really!) temp internet files and other crap with Ad-Aware and Antivirus. But I still had to scan all 50,000 dumb temp internet files and other assorted crap on drive D: because I couldn't get CCleaner to clean drive D: I know it's obscure, but it sure would've saved some time if I could've cleaned the crap from D: - Joe

I ran into one today, the person was backing up their C: partition to D:  they were both totally ate up with spyware/adware and such.  I was able to run CCleaner on drive C: so I didn't have to scan 50,000 (really!) temp internet files and other crap with Ad-Aware and Antivirus.  But I still had to scan all 50,000 dumb temp internet files and other assorted crap on drive D: because I couldn't get CCleaner to clean drive D:  I know it's obscure, but it sure would've saved some time if I could've cleaned the crap from D:  -  Joe

Next time have the person run CCleaner before the backup.