Critical Vulnerability in latest Flash

hazelnut

Probably. That's rather sad, but Adobe's consumer-oriented products have reached the point where rewriting them using guidelines for "safe" coding would be a better option... :(

Piriform French translator

Yet I still won't install it, yet they keep offering it as an "update.":rolleyes:

Well, you agreed to use Microsoft Update, so they have the right to suggest Microsoft products. I got offered Windows Live Essentials 2011...

Well, you agreed to use Microsoft Update, so they have the right to suggest Microsoft products. I got offered Windows Live Essentials 2011...

I only permit Microsoft Update when I feel the need to allow them to install Security Patches to fix their stupid mistakes that give hackers more control over my P.C. than they give to me.

No way that I wish to allow their Live Essentials to "protect" me - I will stick with any third party product.

Twice I have been offered Silverlight.

Each time I had to uncheck it so it was not included in the patch download.

Irritating, but I kept my cool - till completion and reboot.

I found that even though Silverlight had been rejected at every possibility,

They still downloaded a multipage EULA which gave Microsoft AND UNSPECIFIED ASSOCIATES the rights to :-

access information on my computer and exchange with one another; and

to install additional software without notification or further permission.

Twice, on successive Patch Tuesdays, they exceeded the boundaries of civilised behavior.

Alan

They still downloaded a multipage EULA which gave Microsoft AND UNSPECIFIED ASSOCIATES the rights to :-

access information on my computer and exchange with one another; and

to install additional software without notification or further permission.

Alan

Couldn't agree more. Pretty arrogant behavior. :angry: Sure wish there was an easy alternative to windows. Hope this kind of presumptios attitude helps get one created.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I don't think the Windows EULA is very different, honestly. All those EULAs are to save their ass if something goes wrong. And all companies are limited by the fact they can't do anything since it would destroy their reputation (*cough* Amazon and their e-books deletion....*cough*)

• Moderators

Yeah but, I tick the box to not offer it and every few months they recommend it again. At least it isn't required for any sites or software I use.