CCleaner 3

StJimmy

That's not enough. I don't know how much clients they have, but I don't think it's enough to pay a dev team, servers, and so on.

None of the freeware makers actually want to annoy their users ; they don't have choice.

Piriform French translator

That's not enough. I don't know how much clients they have, but I don't think it's enough to pay a dev team, servers, and so on.

None of the freeware makers actually want to annoy their users ; they don't have choice.

Since we don't know how many clients they have and their expenses,

we cannot draw a valid conclusion.

I am happy that CCleaner is among the Few -REALLY Freeware Apps-,

as it can STILL offer a SLIM (=Clean) version.

This is greatly appreciated by many users who are fed up with "Freeware"

which is actually adware and occasionally even spyware.

Chrome is not what I'd call adware - at least it's useful and not bloated. Way better than the Yahoo toolbar IMHO.

If I want Chrome, I can go and download Chrome alone.

CCleaner is for CCleaner and Chrome is for Chrome.

BTW,

HERE, HERE , and HERE other users -ALSO- Referred to/ and Welcomed the SLIM ( =Clean version) of CCleaner.

If you want to use a version of CCleaner bundled with something else, you are free to do so.

Like many users, I don't like Additives of any kind bundled with CCleaner.

• Moderators

LOL my installer had Google Toolbar and not chrome ;)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

What is it we've got here - The 212eta Forum?

Ok, 212, we've got it - you want everything given to you free. Got it. No doubt you work for your bosses and tell them that it's quite okay if you're not paid. Cool. That's just not how the rest of the world works.

If two ticks aren't worth your attention then it's time you packed up and trotted off into your own little delusion, isn't it?

FWIW, I just accepted the installation of Chrome, not because I want it but because I'm curious as to what features it offers, and to give Piriform a bit of income for their efforts. And I put in extra work and unticked the 'Make Chrome my default..'. (When the interface smartens up (a graceful Exit button wouldn't hurt) and when records of donations are kept on the site I'll donate, too.)

Hey! There's a thought, 212...