Defraggler 2.00 Beta

Darrell2

I like the new look and only the red, yellow and green is brighter and the rest is pastle. Also the sie of the blocks are much larger. I ran it on two different drives.(C:) Hard Drive and (B:) Flash Drive, This is the results I got:[NTFS] lists Capacity: 74.5 GB, Used: 8.0 GB and Free: 66.5 GB (80GB)

The other was a FAT32 and took a lot longer to finish. Results: Capacity: 7.6GB [8GB], Used: 1.3GB & Free: 6.3GB. Had not done this is some time and many programs were changed so it took a lot longer and had 23% not defragged. It was really an amazing piece of Defraggler and better than all previous versions. I will use it until you are longer a Beta. Darrell2

• Moderators

don't defrag flash drives, it kills them.

to defrag flash drives (including mobile phones, ipods etc) cut everything from the drive, paste it to the desktop, and the cut and paste it back to the drive

Also we do not allow having two accounts. might I ask the reasoning behind making two accounts?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

don't defrag flash drives, it kills them.

to defrag flash drives (including mobile phones, ipods etc) cut everything from the drive, paste it to the desktop, and the cut and paste it back to the drive

Also we do not allow having two accounts. might I ask the reasoning behind making two accounts?

I only use one account - not two a I am listed now as darclew7. I have not run into any problem with defragging a 8GB Flash Drive. Though the only way I can speed it up is to remove items not needed [sP3] and I have two items I put on my desktop NERO-10.0.13100(dot)exe and it's registration no., and delete them in the flashrive, they go in well after Defrag.

there are only a limited number of times you can read & write to a flash drive ... defragging shortens the lifespan of flash memory drives & isn't necessary due to the way files are saved on them

there are only a limited number of times you can read & write to a flash drive ... defragging shortens the lifespan of flash memory drives & isn't necessary due to the way files are saved on them

I have put all from the flashdrive into a folder on the desktop :rolleyes: It had to be done this way since NERO free BurnLite 10 did not recognize other items in it :(

But I have successfully put all onto a DVD+RW :) Now, I will have to see in another forum CCleaner v3.0.1310 and ask if it the flash drive can be wiped clean. :mellow:

Thanks to the Mod, Nergal for that info as well as you, barky.