Reg Errors?

Mike1029

CCleaner Registry Scan displays no issues, Auslogics Defragger after its run shows 14 errors, Free Windows Registry Repair ver. 1.5, displays approx 1200 reg errors & despite even fixing them more errors pop up after a reboot around 100......making me confused......which is the best, dependable, reliable, freeware software to scan & fix reg issues?

Thanks.

CCleaner Registry Scan displays no issues, Auslogics Defragger after its run shows 14 errors, Free Windows Registry Repair ver. 1.5, displays approx 1200 reg errors & despite even fixing them more errors pop up after a reboot around 100......making me confused......which is the best, dependable, reliable, freeware software to scan & fix reg issues?

Thanks.

Don't ever be fooled into thinking just because an application displays thousands of errors to fix that it will be better. There are MORE over aggressive registry cleaners out there then safe ones. CCLEANER is safe as registry cleaning can be deemed safe. All it takes is an over aggressive cleaner to delete one wrong key, which could leave your system un boot able.

This is what is worring. You have downloaded and installed an application. Scanned - 1200 REGISTRY entries displayed to be fixed - FIX

You have just clicked fixed on 1200 registry keys to be deleted and you have no idea what these are for. JUst one can cause fatal errors as i said before.

If you must scan stick with ccleaner. But ask your self why are you registry cleaning? Is it because the net is filled with ad's about registry cleaning saying it will improve performance by x1000?

Please take care when researching. The net is filled with so much crap it's un real. No matter how silly you might think a question is. Just ask here. No one will laugh, and no one will give you bad information.

Final note you should always make a back up of the registry before making any changes. May i suggest ERUNT http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

Starts silently at system start up, Backs up. Then closes.

No fate but what we make

No performance issues.....installed Auslogis Defragger it displayed 14 errors after a defrag in system health.......than scanned with Reg Repair that revealed 1200 errors?? <_<

Take a look http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=284063 about Auslogics scareware.

I've used Free Windows Reg Repair and found backup/restore function didn't work well.

Don't waste your time to clean/repair registry :D As Ident said, if you want play with wins registry, make backup first.

As the old saying goes: "what ain't broke don't fix" the same should be said about the System Registry.

Most registry cleaners / fixers are full of BS you should only consider repairing if you have a software problem that could be registry related.

Richard S.

Um... with the 14 so called errors from the Defragger. I think those are something else, since defragmenters don't find registry errors.

Auslogics Defragger on the bottom has a tab> System health> Junk files, Registry, Security.....after defragging it scans all 3 & here it displays the 14 Reg errors.