Uninstalling Software

PaulEssex

I installed a game (Civilisation III, published by Sold Out software - Firaxis Games)) , but got the message that it had not installed correctly. It is in my start up menu and I can play the game.

However, I wanted to uninstall it, but it does not appear in the list of programmes in the control panel when I ask for "uninstall a programme"

It does appear in the list of files in Programme files in the "Computer" section, under "Firaxis"

I tried reinstalling, but got the message that there was already a programme and that this needed to be uninstalled! The process then had to be terminated.

I went to the makers who redirected me to the forum site for players of this game. I posted my problem, and received a reply saying that they too had had this problem, and that ccleaner had solved it.

Could you please tell me how I would go about this?

Ccleaner has a program uninstall feature. Perhaps they were referring to using that. On my PC, Ccleaner gives a more detailed list than Control Panel. If you haven't tried it, its worth a shot.

Also, sometimes if a program is not in the control panel list, there will be an uninstall selection from its location in the the Start/All Programs route.

• Moderators

CCleaner isn't going to be able to uninstall it if it didn't install correctly to begin with.

And if System Restore doesn't work which would be my first thing to try you could give Revo Uninstaller Free a go and see what it does.

Most games that don't install correctly have traditionally been cased by anti-virus real-time protection being enabled.