The Chilean Mine Rescue

hazelnut

• Moderators

I was flipping back and forth to it earlier when they were on the third rescue I believe. I just hope they rescue them all without any serious issues with that rescue capsule, and that they all fully recover.

I just hope that governments around the world would look into what Chile has done to save the lives of those miners.

Since we can assume that disasters will happen in the not so distant future, its better that governments are always ready to conduct rescue efforts if such disasters would happen at anytime so that casualties are minimized.

The lesson here is preparedness.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

The lesson here is preparedness.

Indeed. And for mining companies around the world to have proper drilling equipment to speed up rescuing. They had help by a U.S. crew with U.S. made drill bits to go down that far.

The last one has been rescued! This is proof that if everyone pulls together, and people/governments do what is needed, then miracles can happen. I can only imagine how the miners and their families are feeling at this point. Let's just hope none of them have any permanent injuries/health issues from this harrowing ordeal.

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

All out, just 3 rescue workers to go, 10:29 ESDT, almost there.

What an amazing outstanding effort by everyone involved, sure is nice when people all over the world pull together in a moment like this. Now if we all can just pull together on other matters all over this globe for the good of all mankind.

Just wonderful to watch. :)

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.

Back to earth, well in another way.

Just saw on CNN what these miners might get:

$10,000 from a tycoon

$400,000 for exclusive interviews

And who knows what else, let's just hope they can deal with it all....that can be tricky. Even family and other mental issues can be hard to deal with.

So far this has been handled very well for such an event helped even by internet communications throughout this whole long ordeal.

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.

• Moderators

Now if we all can just pull together on other matters all over this globe for the good of all mankind.

Unfortunately the world isn't Starfleet quality just yet.

$10,000 from a tycoon

Depending upon how old some of them are that would make a nice retirement, so they could just relax without ever having to enter another mine.

Back to earth, well in another way.

$10,000 from a tycoon

And who knows what else, let's just hope they can deal with it all....that can be tricky. Even family and other mental issues can be hard to deal with.

So far this has been handled very well for such an event helped even by internet communications throughout this whole long ordeal.

Seems like they will just be gold digging for what ever money they can get now since they are as famous as rock stars

I'll get my coat...

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

Now that's what you call a "feel good" story.

The tv coverage of that was excellent being able to see above and below the ground as it happened.

A little aside here .... did anyone else see the Avira window pop on the screen for a very brief couple of seconds?

did anyone else see the Avira window pop on the screen for a very brief couple of seconds?

Sure you're not over doing it and was still at your laptop? ;)

No fate but what we make

I hope these miners get rich because the mine was not paying them while they were trapped.

It was the mining corporation that caused this collapse due to over mining because of corporate greed.

Did the mining company not ?go bust? (did a runner) soon after the collapse ?

Miners have always had a hard life for centuries and all too often we still hear of these mine ?accidents? that are caused by over mining a vein but then again life is the cheapest commodity on the planet to our corporate masters.

Out of sight out of mind :

Every time you go to the supermarket to buy disposable junk, or any other item, do you ever ask yourself where did the resources come from and what destruction of somebody?s environment was the consequence of the product you are looking at in the nice clean store or catalogue ?

As if by magic the shelf in the store refills like there is an endless supply but in reality the world has finite resources not infinite resources.

As a species we are doomed unless we start to take responsibility for our environment and the minerals that we exploit. Minerals are not for disposable junk just to make us look good in a shallow fashion driven society that thinks money is god.

The world is getting trashed and for what ?

No matter how you view the world there is only one way for humans to survive and that is to put more effort into being responsible rather than being spoilt brats.

These mineral deposits we take for granted, and just throw away the end product, without a second thought about the miners that risk their lives for slave wages or what will we do when we have exploited everything to annihilation.

It is a miracle we have survived this far but if we don?t act soon then there will be little point in having children as they will inherited nothing but a toxic hole in the ground thanks to their forefathers greed.

I hope these miners are all ok and don?t get major health problems thanks to our corporate masters that are nowhere to be seen at the first sign of trouble.

Lets just value what the environment does for us. Let us not lay waste, lets be conscious that the world gets more complex everyday and people around the world should be ready. Bad things can happen in the next few seconds. Let us do action with our hands, hearts and minds and pray for guidance.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators
Sure you're not over doing it and was still at your laptop? ;)

The underground images were being fed to laptops for the winch operator and other rescuers, and this popped up:

RRs6Ys.jpg

I must just be more observant than you guys.

• Moderators

The underground images were being fed to laptops for the winch operator and other rescuers, and this popped up:

Hard to get signature file updates that far below ground.;)

We have a local weather/text ad channel and their installation of Windows XP is borked because sometimes on the weekends instead of showing what the channel is supposed to show it's instead showing the Windows XP desktop with an error pop-up, and also AVG Free they have installed keeps detecting a virus and it's been that way for months now.:lol: If I knew where they were I'd fix it for free since I rely on the channel for getting the current weather!

Unfortunately the world isn't Starfleet quality just yet.

Depending upon how old some of them are that would make a nice retirement, so they could just relax without ever having to enter another mine.

*AND among their other fantastic parting gifts*

.....The 33 Chilean miners, who were stuck in a mine for over 2 months, but have now all been brought up out of the damaged mine, have apparently been offered free iPods from the one and only Steve Jobs.

Jobs isn?t the only one who has decided to reward the 33 men who had to endure a hellish situation for 68 days 625m under the surface of the earth. A Greek mining company have offered the miners a 1 week trip to Greece as well as a trip to South Korea by the Chilean Football Association.

There is no word on what type of iPod the miners will be getting, but it is expected that it will be the 64GB iPod Touch......

HEY, I'd take it. :)