Burning Studio 9 problem ?

abu aufa

I tried to burn my personal DATA into blank DVD with Ashampoo Burning Studio 9.It didn't recognize blank DVD I put. It only showed >700MB(CD) not >4.7GB(DVD) as my screenshot

60081195180e.png

my DVDRom drive works fine and can play any dvd movie. any ideas ?

I tried to burn my personal DATA into blank DVD with Ashampoo Burning Studio 9.It didn't recognize blank DVD I put. It only showed >700MB(CD) not >4.7GB(DVD) as my screenshot

60081195180e.png

my DVDRom drive works fine and can play any dvd movie. any ideas ?

Normally you would set the type of media you are using/burning (CD / DVD etc.) in the "setting" tab, I think if you check in "settings" you may find that you have set in on CD and not DVD.

By the way version 10.0.4 is now available for download Version 10.0.4

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Normally you would set the type of media you are using/burning (CD / DVD etc.) in the "setting" tab, I think if you check in "settings" you may find that you have set in on CD and not DVD.

By the way version 10.0.4 is now available for download Version 10.0.4

I couldn't find it in the tab. Theres no option like that. Basically, it will recognize automatically when you insert the blank media (CD or DVD).

and speaking about upgrading,I'd stick with ver. 9 that suits my needs.

• Moderators

I gave up using Ashampoo for burning data disks, and I also stayed with the 2009 version. Had issues with later incarnations.

It consistently gave me the wrong information about how much space was left on a CD or DVD, and it even sometimes started burning a disk before announcing there wasn't sufficient room on it, although it had told me there was. Tried latest versions and found the same thing.

I use ImgBurn now, and it is always accurate with disk assessment and I've never had a coaster. I also use it for burning movies.

ImgBurn: Freeware (Version 2.5.2.0)

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Ashampoo does auto choose CD or DVD. There's no manual setting.

• Moderators

I'd recommend doing a repair install, i.e.; start the version 9 installer and install right over the top of what you already have.

I've seen far too many times from the 2007 to 2009 versions of it that constantly needed reinstalling on my system, luckily the 2010 version doesn't give me those issues.

I agree with Dennis for burning all data and DVD Video discs with ImgBurn!

I gave up using Ashampoo for burning data disks, and I also stayed with the 2009 version. Had issues with later incarnations.

It consistently gave me the wrong information about how much space was left on a CD or DVD, and it even sometimes started burning a disk before announcing there wasn't sufficient room on it, although it had told me there was. Tried latest versions and found the same thing.

I use ImgBurn now, and it is always accurate with disk assessment and I've never had a coaster. I also use it for burning movies.

ImgBurn: Freeware (Version 2.5.2.0)

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Ashampoo does auto choose CD or DVD. There's no manual setting.

I'll give ImgBurn a try.

I'd recommend doing a repair install, i.e.; start the version 9 installer and install right over the top of what you already have.

Repair or reinstall over the top didn't solve the problem.

anyway,thank mods. :)