Big Complaint

I have downloaded your CCleaner product and have run it and it has deleted many of my files that were, I repeat, WERE important to me. I say were because they no longer exist because your "award-winning" product has deleted them. I have lost writing documents and many pictures as well as other things. It even deleted downloaded products that I now have to find and download again.

If you think that is all I am going to complain about... You are sadly mistaken. I would also like to point out that I had to REGISTER AND ACCOUNT TO COMPLAIN!!! ... I don't know about half of the people that register just to talk about a product, but I do believe that there should be atleast a way to complain without having to REGISTER. Is that so hard to look for in ANY product? If I were to make ANY product, internet or real life, I would make it possible to be anonymous if you want to complain... And that's all you want to do (ie: like regestering). I do not want to waste people's time to make an account just to complain and never use it again, even to check what was said about the complaint. Do you see my annoyance?

I have lost many things that were valuable to me in some shape or form... All because of your "award-winning" product... I would be using harsh words if it wasn't for the fact that I am sure it really isn't anyone's fault, just the product. I would atleast like an apology for the fact that I lost some things that cannot be retrieved... And do not blame this on me by saying that "I should have changed the settings" or something like that. I simply want to point out what happened and that is all.

Thank you.

• Moderators

CCleaner doesn't delete any files unless you tell it to. it only removes temporary files and files you have added to the include section. You also could have analyised and then looked at what it was going to remove

Maybe, once you've calmed down a little you can tell use what files were removed and from where. Perhaps it was just the links to the files in the recent files section(often if a user doesn't have extentions showing it looks like the files were removed but really they were not). Where were the files you deleted located?

to restore these files download (to a seperate drive) recuva run it and restore the files you feel were erroniously deleted, again to another drive as to not overwrite any of the files. The sooner you do this the more likely you will restore them.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Having read quite a few "complaint" or "your deleted my" posts here and else-ware, only to see them turn at the end to a "whoops I screwed up" (ill throw it out and say 99% of the time, and the SHAME of making such a heated statement without first calmly requesting support has again throwing out a number 99% of those people admitting their stupidity and never coming back to the forums unless they ACTUALLY have an issue, IE you make a fool of yourself in a store and never go back to it afterwards...), I would be interested in how you figure CCleaner did this?

You did not say where these "writing documents" "pictures" and "other things" where stored! IE if they where in the "My Documents" "My Pictures" and "whatever" folder on your computer, how do you suppose to blame CCleaner which will ONLY touch areas like that with a specifically written *.ini file! Instead of only pressing blame, you should ask for assistance in recovery of said files, ask HOW this could have happened with said software, and if found fraudulent, im sure MANY people here would be happy to help diagnose HOW such a blunder occurred!

Additionally as a tech of 7 years, I wonder, have you tried Recuva? Its deleted file recovery software made by the same company, but as such if they "where" important to you, would you not want to "try" and retrieve them no?

I do not want to waste people's time to make an account just to complain and never use it again, even to check what was said about the complaint. Do you see my annoyance?

Stupidest whinge I have ever seen.

Complains about having lost stuff, but ZERO interest in retrieving it.

Does not even want "to check what was said about the complaint" and see if anyone can tell him where or how to find his stuff.

- - - there should be atleast a way to complain without having to REGISTER. - - -

Mangacritic001, most legitimate sites require registering before posting. This discourages multiple posts by a single poster using several noms de plume.

Edited.

...Do you see my annoyance? ...

Yes.

Agressive language is not the best way to get help, but here goes anyway:

1. Check Ident's post...make sure the offending software is really CCleaner.

- There are fakes out there.

- If its fake, uninstall it.

2. Read the documentation for the product: HERE.

3. If it IS Ccleaner, and is a registry related issue, find and restore the registry backup made by CCleaner.

4. Whether it is CCleaner or not:

- use a file recovery app to try to get the stuff back.

- If the files have not been deleted too long, they may be recoverable.

- You're on your own for that, google it.

- I wouldn't recommend any application to you for any price after that first post.

If none of that works, post back specifically what is going wrong. The members here are quite friendly and helpful, and will help you after they get finished grinding their teeth. And don't forget your nice words...Please and Thank You.

I don't work for'em, I just like'em. :-)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

this is a fake complaint

:angry:

Does look like it. I have never been able to get CCleaner to crash anything or otherwise interfere with this computers operation at all. Have tried, especially when some preposterous complaint is made. What would be the motive to make a fake complaint like this?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

The only adverse reaction I've had with CCleaner was the one time I ran wipe free space it deleted all my restore points. But recently the points disappeared simply on boot up. Another time Sys Restore wouldn't keep points until I disabled and restarted. MS System Restore is flaky -- unreliable in keeping points and restoring. :P

What would be the motive to make a fake complaint like this?

Some one finds it funny or thinks to be clever

I had to ban some guys in my forum that registered and slept for months,

then one day woke up writing nonsense. Have they reached a goal in their opinion?

When I try a soft and I do not like it, (and I actually try many softs, see my signature)

I will never think of registering in the forum that supports that soft just to make a complaint

It is a fact that if you have to try a soft you should use a bit of brains:

time freeze, returnil, stuff like that

(7/11)

.!-!-!-!.

EsseCi @ logoyn.png