Run/Open CCleaner in right-click menu on CCleaner desktop icon

Hi, I don't know whether this has already been suggested, but here's my suggestion:

CCleaner currently lets you add "run" and "open" ccleaner options on the context menu when you right click the Recycle bin. I don't use my Recycle bin (I have files permanently deleted and not sent to the bin when I delete them), so I have disabled the Recycle bin icon. However, I do use CCleaner a lot and it would save time if I had the same "right-click, run" option on the CCleaner desktop icon instead of having to enable the Recycle bin just for that. I know I can Open ccleaner, click run and then close it just fine, but it seems like if any icon should have a "run cleaner" option in its right-click menu it should be the CCleaner icon itself. Forgive me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge only the Recycle bin can have this option.

Putting it more simply: could the CCleaner desktop icon have the same "Run CCleaner" right-click option as the Recycle bin?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I don't know whether this has already been suggested, but here's my suggestion:

CCleaner currently lets you add "run" and "open" ccleaner options on the context menu when you right click the Recycle bin. I don't use my Recycle bin (I have files permanently deleted and not sent to the bin when I delete them), so I have disabled the Recycle bin icon. However, I do use CCleaner a lot and it would save time if I had the same "right-click, run" option on the CCleaner desktop icon instead of having to enable the Recycle bin just for that. I know I can Open ccleaner, click run and then close it just fine, but it seems like if any icon should have a "run cleaner" option in its right-click menu it should be the CCleaner icon itself. Forgive me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge only the Recycle bin can have this option.

Putting it more simply: could the CCleaner desktop icon have the same "Run CCleaner" right-click option as the Recycle bin?

What's wrong with the current double-click? I mean, right-click then clicking on "run" or double-clicking the icon like any other application's is the same number of clicks, so what would the advantage be?

"Do not mock the crocodile until you've finished crossing the river" (African proverb)

What's wrong with the current double-click? I mean, right-click then clicking on "run" or double-clicking the icon like any other application's is the same number of clicks, so what would the advantage be?

He wants to use the "Run Cleaner" thing, i.e. directly using CCleaner's cleaner without actually opening the program. That'd mean two clicks instead of three...

However, I don't think there's a way to do that.

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

Actually yes it is possible

infact I have it down to one click

1 make a ccleaner shortcut

2 right click the shortcut, choose properties and in target add /AUTO after "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe"

3 place the shortcut in your quick launch bar

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

Actually yes it is possible

infact I have it down to one click

1 make a ccleaner shortcut

2 right click the shortcut, choose properties and in target add /AUTO after "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe"

3 place the shortcut in your quick launch bar

This did what I needed, thanks.