Weird Internet Full Sceen on laptop

joanie707

Hello all, It has been awhile since I visited this forum, but if I need help this is the first place I check, as I nost usually get a good answer,

My problem just started a couple days ago, while playing Zygna games and other games on Facebook. As near as U can find out noone else has experienced this on FB, or the games. When I want to go to full sceen, which is usually what I do, it presents in a balck & white format, on approx. 3/4 of the screen, nothing is in proportion, and it is not really a true balck & white. In the small screen everything is ok and seems to work fine. I thought perhaps my adobe flash player was at fault so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but that made no difference. I ran Norton, CCleaner but again it still does this. It only does it when I am on line. I recently had hi-def TV cable put in by the same company that does my internet (Comcast). I would really appreciate any suggestions andyone might have as I did all I know to try to fix it. Thanks all ;-}[/b]

If I recall correctly switching to full screen mode causes the graphics card to switch to a lower resolution.

It's possible the video mode used for full screen isn't compatible with your monitor.

Richard S.

Hi Redhawk----It has always worked fine until it started this a day or so ago--could it be a setting that somehow was changed??? I will check my settings but most likely I will not know what I am looking at. The thing being it is only when I am on the net that I have this problem. If I go full screen on a game I have on my computer it does not do that. Thank you for your reply, I hope this answer may help some

I found the answer to this problem on my own---much to my surprise!!! The day before this problem occured I did

download several windows updates, along with a couple optional ones. I recalled downloading one that was for my graphics program, Navidia. It turned out to be a driver and it was the culprit so I rolled it back and bawala!!!! It works as it should. Just thought I would let every one know, should they encounter this problem. Thank you ;-}