Internet Explorer 9 Beta

sialivi

Perhaps because third party Betas are more stable than Microsoft "prime-times" ! ! !

Alan

Amen.

Microsoft will never be taken seriously about "security" on it's browser as long as Active-X remains wide open.

It is like saying "HIT ME HERE!" Wide open door for malware. Which is why I use Firefox.

I used to get calls about malware every other day, till I found out why... When I switched people to Firefox, the ONLY time I got calls after that, was usually sometimes 6 months or so later, & even then, not the fault of Firefox, but because of some smiley packs, freeze games, toolbars, etc.

But educating them works great. Just takes time for them to understand why you tell them not to download questionable things like that. But they understand plenty fast when they get infected.

It seems some of the New Tab page things are stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TabbedBrowsing\NewTabPage :)

I think it's possible to know exactly where those things are using ProcMon, but they probably are stored in some long binary value...

mr don >> Please don't talk about things you don't know.

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

IE9 is still cleaned, beta or not - just like any browswer using the IE engine.

Yes parts are (cookies, cache and probably history) but this topic is exploring ccleaner cleaning new features introduced by ie9, which as hazel said will occur when ie9 RTM or RTP happens. To note, I'm pretty sure opera 10 beta was NOT included in ccleaner without the aid of winapp2.ini file

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

Yes parts are (cookies, cache and probably history) but this topic is exploring ccleaner cleaning new features introduced by ie9, which as hazel said will occur when ie9 RTM or RTP happens. To note, I'm pretty sure opera 10 beta was NOT included in ccleaner without the aid of winapp2.ini file

MrG announced it like that "Support for Opera 10 BETA."

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators

I stand corrected, i don't remember that but. . .

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com