CCleaner v3.0 and Defraggler v2.0

MrG

• Admin

pear_big_w.pngSome exciting news for fans of our flagship products.In the next couple of months we will be releasing new major versions of both CCleaner and Defraggler!

Our developers and testers have been work hard to get the code ready and fully optimized. The full list of changes isn't ready yet, but the key improvements are listed below.

CCleaner v3.0 - Native 64-bit EXE - GUI Redesign

Defraggler v2.0 - Boot-time Defrag - Drive map Redesign

We'll keep you updated via the website and newsletter on exact dates as they become available.

To download the current version please visit our Download Center.

View the full blog post

• Moderators

Woot Congratulations of the upcoming major releases. Glad to see the Piriform team, as always, has it's ears to the community and heard the call for native 64bit.

Cheeers

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Woot Congratulations of the upcoming major releases. Glad to see the Piriform team, as always, has it's ears to the community and heard the call for native 64bit.

Cheeers

And for the Boot-time Defrag on Defraggler. :wub:

Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

I think the Piriform developers should take the opportunity when they issue CCleaner v3.xx and Defraggler v2.xx to ""clean out"" the Piriform software as well. I opened and analyzed the last versions (v2.34 and v2.35) of CC with Resource hacker

http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

and it seems that inside CCleaner (and Defraggler) there's (software) code that's no longer used. And that bloats the program.

e.g. in the dialog section (Ccleaner), there're two duplicate dialog screens. (dialog, 213, 2057) and (dialog, 268, 2057)

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

The GUI redesign is very interesting.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an idea, no complaint or so:

Why not developing a 'suite' containing the 4?...

Be careful what you wish for.

The developers could oblige by holding of the release of a new generation of CCleaner etc until they have also developed a new generation of Recuva and Speccy to give you a suite of 4.

I NEVER EVER want a package deal.

I prefer to mix and match.

Even if I wanted all 4 Piriform products,

they would have to be independent - then if the new release of all 4 makes an improvement to one product, but degrades the operation on my specific machine with another product, I could do a partial update.

Alan

Be careful what you wish for.The developers could oblige by holding of the release of a new generation of CCleaner etc until they have also developed a new generation of Recuva and Speccy to give you a suite of 4.I NEVER EVER want a package deal.I prefer to mix and match.Even if I wanted all 4 Piriform products,they would have to be independent - then if the new release of all 4 makes an improvement to one product, but degrades the operation on my specific machine with another product, I could do a partial update.Alan

I doubt that they would do it - what I do want to see is the default paths changed to "C:\Program Files\Piriform\_______ for each of the four, just so it condenses the folders into a more manageable file structure. I know with the impending native x64 bit versions that things would have to differentiate in Windows installs, but if there were native versions for each, then users could install the appropriate 4 programs.

AJ

I doubt that they would do it - what I do want to see is the default paths changed to "C:\Program Files\Piriform\_______ for each of the four, just so it condenses the folders into a more manageable file structure. I know with the impending native x64 bit versions that things would have to differentiate in Windows installs, but if there were native versions for each, then users could install the appropriate 4 programs.

AJ

A common Piriform root is ideal.

I gave you a +1 for that, but as expected the "action failed" !

Alan