iTunes 10 ~73 MB

ishan_rulz

The new version is less bloated :|

iTunes

Yeah it's time for me to update. Not looking forward to it though. lol

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators

Wow, that's much smaller than the 200MB i saw quoted yesterday o_O . To note the ONLY time I use (cr)iTunes is for free give aways (usually from NPR Music) and even then I immediatly convert those files to mp3.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Suggestions for a good alternative?

I need playlists, EQ, easy management of songs, Mp3, wma, flac (aac if possible) support.

The GUI could be similar to that of iTunes' list view or better. I have 7000+ (Seven Thousand) songs...

What do you think would be the best?

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators

Suggestions for a good alternative?

I need playlists, EQ, easy management of songs, Mp3, wma, flac (aac if possible) support.

The GUI could be similar to that of iTunes' list view or better. I have 7000+ (Seven Thousand) songs...

What do you think would be the best?

If iTunes works for you I'd stick with it, Though you could also try http://www.floola.com/home/ I believe it does all that (and can be portable too). I've used it to retrieve files from iPods stuck in the you must format device.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

Downloaded Foobar now. Configuring.

If you run into any configuration road blocks don't forget the Foobar2000 Forums, many users have very cool themes, etc.

Edit:

And don't forget to backup the configuration files after you've got it set the way you like it, it's too much of a pain to re-do.

Well, I spent 5 minutes figuring out how to view all the songs at once, but I'm still stuck with the Album View.

The other thing is I have many songs in different folders all over my computer. A bit disorganized, heh. And, I don't even listen to many songs from every folder.

At the moment, I am Googling a way to covert the iTunes Music Library.xml file so that Foobar can read it, and I don't have to go through all the work.

I'll try out Songbird.

EDIT: I had to ditch Foobar, its too complicated for my daily use. But I have to say it has great functionality.

Using Songbird now. I like it.

EDIT #2: You gotta love the built-in Firefox. :)

Simplicity is hard.

I've been using iTunes since... actually whenever the 5th Gen iPod came out (first one with video). I want to say version 5 or 6, but I'm probably way off. Works for me - I hate that when there is a minor update to it it forces you to install QuickTime EVERY-FREAKING-TIME. Could cut download times in half if it just checked that it was installed.

AJ

• Moderators

I've been using iTunes since... actually whenever the 5th Gen iPod came out (first one with video).

The only way I'd ever use that is if I owned an iPod, I almost bought one last year during Christmas time then decided against it simply because I didn't want to use the software.

I have various multimedia software installed and all of it combined takes less disk space that iTunes with QuickTime, and no pesky services for any of it either.

• Moderators

The only way I'd ever use that is if I owned an iPod, I almost bought one last year during Christmas time then decided against it simply because I didn't want to use the software.

I have various multimedia software installed and all of it combined takes less disk space that iTunes with QuickTime, and no pesky services for any of it either.

yup, I have to disable the useless services and startup item (yea CCleaner ;) ) after every install. I go through a lot for a software I use once or twice a year for free compliations ;)