Latest Opera glitch.

DennisD

• Moderators

I've just updated to Opera 10.61, and I've a weird glitch. Am I alone?

After signing in here, the forum page becomes bigger than the screen, as shown here:

jxfZDs.jpg

It isn't like that before I sign in, and it doesn't happen with Firefox. Any ideas?

• Moderators

Forget it guys, I'm back on 10.10.

Works much better for me than later versions, and the forum page glitch has gone.

I actually couldn't download anything with 10.61, namely the Opera 10.10 installer from FileHippo. Tried a couple of different downloads and the same thing.

Tried FileHippo again with 10.10, and no problems downloading.

Same here on XP Home SP3, no problems.

Opera 10.5x had a few issues for me, so I uninstalled and did a clean install of 10.60 and then updated to 10.61 with no problems.

So far, everything is working well.

• Moderators

This is why we love computers isn't it.

Version 10.61 is the first not to have a glitch with the menu bar text for me, so I thought I was sailing with it, but it was like a step backwards from 10.10.

Opening and closing of tabs was slow. Looked good, but slow. It just felt sluggish generally, while 10.10 flies.

No big deal. It could take forever to find a reason, and I'm happy with my Sandboxed older version.

Thanks for your input.

This is why we love computers isn't it.

Version 10.61 is the first not to have a glitch with the menu bar text for me, so I thought I was sailing with it, but it was like a step backwards from 10.10.

Opening and closing of tabs was slow. Looked good, but slow. It just felt sluggish generally, while 10.10 flies.

No big deal. It could take forever to find a reason, and I'm happy with my Sandboxed older version.

Thanks for your input.

On Windows I use Opera USB Like all portable apps no install necessary and updates are non stressful because I simply copy my perfectly working version to another location and than update the original. If all goes well than I just delete the copy. If the update fails for some reason I have the perfectly working copy. This also works great for trying out new things or adding things to Opera or whatever you do that has some risk of messing up Opera. Can't do this kind of thing with the regular install version.

You're giving a link to a downloadaholic. :lol:

I'll have to stick that on a Flash Drive, and give it a whirl.

You can put it right on your machine. Run it right from the desk top if you want. It's exactly the same as regular Opera except everything is in one folder.

• Moderators

Dennis, I too use the OperaUSB builds they're very good :)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

It would be really helpful for other members here if an Opera usb user would give step-by-step instructions on how to use it, and how your settings are kept etc.

Unzip it to a folder. Make a short cut to the executable and thats it. It runs like regular Opera except you can put the folder any where you want and run from it. It's basically like any other non install program. Your settings are kept in the Opera Profile in a ini file.