*Right click* shred "files" with Ccleaner

Saintj

Hey everybody,

Well I was wondering if this could be added, mainly for XP users because the maximum Recycle Bin limit is 3,99 Gig or 30% of your harddrive (so basicly just 3,99 gig lol) but sometimes you end up with files of 5 gig or higher and windows just auto deletes them.

The only thing you can do then is do a Free Disk Space wipe but that's kina it..

So just the ability to select 1 or multiple files and like with your recycle bin and just let those things run thru the selected removal methode.

I know programs like Shredder and I think Heidi Eraser uses it aswell so it is possible, I just really hope I could get it added, I'm glad with Ccleaner and I don't want 2 or 3 different deletion programs on my computer I rather just keep using this one alone.

Well hope that was clear enough and that it will/could be added in the upcomming release :)

Greetz,

Saint.

Any chance for something like that? Or will I still need something like Eraser to do that..? It might have been requested a ton of times but I can?t find anything about it with the search option but I would really like to see a single/multiple selected right click secure delete if possible xD

Well hope to get any answer what so ever :P

Greetz,

Saint.

• Moderators

Well hope to get any answer what so ever :P

Greetz,

Saint.

Hi Saint.

Personally, I just shift/delete large files, as I've no need to securely delete or "shred" them.

But like all other suggestions, it will be noted by the devs, and anyone else interested in this will no doubt add their two penneth.

:)

Hey thanks for the reply,

Well i sometimes need to Shred large sized files for work, entire user databases and such and they are bundled into one file so it's hard to securely delete them (I don't want peoples personal data floating around if some dumb twat puts the computer by the side of the road (trust me it happend before... lol else i would have just Dban'ed it and done) but now i'm trying to keep the files securely deleted as soon as there outdated or what not and constantly adding a path selecting one file in the settings is just well time consuming while if it instead could be done with a right click :D

Well fingers crossed for supporters and hard working devs ^_^ would really help me out atleast and i'm sure alot more ppl.

Greetz,

Saint

• Moderators

Well there you go Saint.

Your reply has given a lot more useful info than your initial post. There was nothing in that to say you were anything other than a home PC user.

Your expanded information shows the need for your request.

• Moderators

I've been wanting that right click "Shred with CCleaner" ability for awhile as it would make using another file shredding program completely unnecessary. It would indeed seem like a logical feature to have in CCleaner! So that's also a +1 from me for having the feature implemented.

Well there you go Saint.

Your reply has given a lot more useful info than your initial post. There was nothing in that to say you were anything other than a home PC user.

Your expanded information shows the need for your request.

Sorry I didn?t know I had to be so specific for a request :P I think my last post sounds alot more like an urgently needed request then the initial one did because it involves OTHER peoples security instead of mine, really didn?t think about explaining the major purpose in the initial post, I just explained the end effect I would like to see in the future :)

Couldn't this be achieved with secure deletion of custom files/folders?

That?s what i?m doing now, it takes alot of time plus if you use the same directory to store something in and just simple forget to remove the option from your custom list you could easially create a totally secure loss of valuable data still needed :P (but that ofcourse is the user?s (me in this scenario) mistake).

Well thanks for all the feedback and +1?s, seriously hope to see this feature in the future.

Greetz,

Saint.

+ 1 from me as well

+ 2 if it can load the right click shred function from stored .ini file...

Edit: After thinking about this some more, it may be difficult to have the right click option perfected from running from a portable location. The user would have to click something first for something to even happen, which would kinda defeat the purpose of a portable right click...

What about the option for right click shredding for installed versions of CCleaner, & then the option to load CCleaner with a "shred box" where you can just drag & drop files to shred into this box area at the bottom of CCleaner in addition to having normal CCleaner functions.

Either that, or have a portable "shred mode" where the whole window is for dropping files to shred. CCleaner would remember shred type, & you just click shred files to begin! Shows progress bar while shredding, etc...

+ 1 from me as well

+ 2 if it can load the right click shred function from stored .ini file...

Edit: After thinking about this some more, it may be difficult to have the right click option perfected from running from a portable location. The user would have to click something first for something to even happen, which would kinda defeat the purpose of a portable right click...

What about the option for right click shredding for installed versions of CCleaner, & then the option to load CCleaner with a "shred box" where you can just drag & drop files to shred into this box area at the bottom of CCleaner in addition to having normal CCleaner functions.

Either that, or have a portable "shred mode" where the whole window is for dropping files to shred. CCleaner would remember shred type, & you just click shred files to begin! Shows progress bar while shredding, etc...

A shred box could be nice aswell but I was thinking about the same way it's done with the recycle bin, just right click and select delete with CCleaner (and the options you selected in the program from the drop down menu), but wichever option is easier to create really, all I want is a way to securely delete one or multiple files bigger then 3,99 gig with a simple selection and click (or drag and drop if it turns out to be a shredbox).

A shred box could be nice aswell but I was thinking about the same way it's done with the recycle bin, just right click and select delete with CCleaner (and the options you selected in the program from the drop down menu), but wichever option is easier to create really, all I want is a way to securely delete one or multiple files bigger then 3,99 gig with a simple selection and click (or drag and drop if it turns out to be a shredbox).

Why just have either? If CCleaner user's can select whether they are wanting the install version or portable version, it can auto select right click for the installed version, & a shred box for portable that it can save to .ini file.

Why not have both?

Then you can shred regardless of being installed or ran portably?

Why just have either? If CCleaner user's can select whether they are wanting the install version or portable version, it can auto select right click for the installed version, & a shred box for portable that it can save to .ini file.

Why not have both?

Then you can shred regardless of being installed or ran portably?

Good point, this way both portable and normal users can use this option plus the installed version can make a choice of having a shred box, right click shred files or both :)