CCleaner For Android Smart Phones

why not expand ccleaner to smart phones? As the smart phone market grows so does the need for a mobile cleaner application i'm sure i speak for all smart phone users we would like to see a ccleaner application for our smart phones such as black berry, android, iphone etc. due to ccleaner is practicly the best cleaner i have ever used.

why not expand ccleaner to smart phones? As the smart phone market grows so does the need for a mobile cleaner application i'm sure i speak for all smart phone users we would like to see a ccleaner application for our smart phones such as black berry, android, iphone etc. due to ccleaner is practicly the best cleaner i have ever used.

Expanding CCleaner to a totally different OS is more work then you think, totally different code plus you will mostlikely need a rooted phone to make it do everything it does in windows.

Second of all there will need to be created a series of different releases since 1.5 (cupcake), 1.6 (Donut) And 2.2 (froyo) all have different Custom roms etc. etc. thus having different storage paths blablabla (example, HTC Dream (aka Google G1) is stuck on donut unless you root it and install CynagonMod (wich turns it into froyo) or whatever other rom you use but it creates a path on your SD cuz the internal memory of a Dream doesen't have the capacity to store froyo thus making it ALOT of work creating it for the droid market unless you stick to the total basics wich you can do by hand in your menu but that's only half of the stuff cleanable.

Third of all you can just pop in your MicroSD card and select the paths you want deleted on there or just wipe it all.

This comming from someone totally not involved in this project though, haven't read the source code nor do I know wich kind of scripting they use ect.

Greetz,

Saint.

That wouldn't be CCleaner. They'd have to completely rewrite the program, and as Saintj pointed out knowing where is what can be very difficult since there are lots of smartphones, even new ones *cough* Dell's Aero *cough* , running on old Android versions.

Besides, they wouldn't be able to bundle anything with it, and thus wouldn't earn any money.

Piriform French translator

That wouldn't be CCleaner. They'd have to completely rewrite the program, and as Saintj pointed out knowing where is what can be very difficult since there are lots of smartphones, even new ones *cough* Dell's Aero *cough* , running on old Android versions.

Besides, they wouldn't be able to bundle anything with it, and thus wouldn't earn any money.

Exactly they would have to rewrite the entire program MULTIPLE times for different android versions etc.

But about making money they could bundle ads in it from paid apps :P that makes them money but still it's ALOT of work, it might be an option wen every smart phone runs and stores in the exact same way but this is highly doubtable because of the rapid growth, as I sayed before eventhough T-mobile still sells the Google G1 (HTC Dream) it's outdated and won't receive any updates unless you mod it and thus creating a partition on your SD card used for some storage, the newest HTC is the HTC Dream of the future, in a short while it will lose update support cuz of lack of speed or capacity and the story will start all over again.

Concluding there are to many paths, what you can do is buy a big magnet and hold that to your phone lmao all paths will be cleaned then xD (btw that's a joke do not do that unless you want to throw it away :P)

There is however one solution possible I thought of and that is for the Priform Team to work together with a Mod (like CyanogenMod or any other type of ROM) this would make sure all the paths are exactly the same and the updates would run synchronized with every Mod Update but again it has to be totally rewritten wich is alot of work and I have no idea if the team is A. Up for a rewrite B. Working together with a Mod team (Mods are totally legal btw its just firmware).

Greetz,

Saint

True but like with linux, MacOS etc. it would have to be linked to a OS that functions on every smartphone so it would have to be or a Mod or just the latest version of android (the last one is not useable by everyone with an android device).