ActiveX/Com conflicts

Guest fathermark

Guest fathermark

Every time I do a scan for Issues, I get the same 4 ActiveX/Com registry keys. Two of them are associated with "ComPlusMetaDataMcCorHost and two are associated with Symwriter. Using Regedit, I cannot delete them and CCleaner is unable to get rid of it. Can anyone help? ~Mark

• Moderators

Make sure you're logged on as an Administrator!

If you're logged on with limited-user privileges CCleaner won't be able to remove what it finds under the Issues button in the system registry. As a safety standpoint I'd recommend letting CCleaner deal with the invalid registry data.

---

Edit:

Forgot to mention: Keep running the Issues scanner until it no longer finds any invalid data.

Guest fathermark
Make sure you're logged on as an Administrator!

If you're logged on with limited-user privileges CCleaner won't be able to remove what it finds under the Issues button in the system registry. As a safety standpoint I'd recommend letting CCleaner deal with the invalid registry data.

---

Edit:

Forgot to mention: Keep running the Issues scanner until it no longer finds any invalid data.

I logged on as Administrator. When I ran the Issues Scan it found 1262 invalid references and would not clean ANY after repeated attempts.

Logging back onto my own name, I still find the same 4 ACTIVE/X registry keys and nothing seems to be able to remove them. Any other suggestions?