Is it Just Me....

login123

The Piriform team does superior work on many levels, so don't lets turn away members by our attitude.

Maybe its just me, but it seems that some forum members, not all, just some, are getting really cranky.

Exhibiting a kind of "in ya face" attitude.

While hidden behind a computer, no less. :lol:

That is not beneficial for this forum, I think. Some of years ago, I needed some help with a particular issue so came here, didn't actually get the answer but did get enough information to eventually find out what I needed.

Since then I have sort of stayed around, learned enough to run old HAL The Haunted Computer using mostly freeware, and have been pleasantly surprised when no one blasted me for saying something ignorant.

Had I gotten sarcastic or self aggrandizing replies at the outset, I'd have never come back.

Be certain, I don't care if you're a tough guy or a smart guy, I just care if your stuff works.

OK, putting the soap box away now.

Edit: I don't work for'em, I just like'em. :)

Edited by login123

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Regretably, I think you are right. It mostly seems to come from just a couple of members. However, I do feel that the moderators need to take a firmer hand with the culprits.

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

• Moderators

It has been discussed by the moderators on here, and some actions have been taken.

Personally, I hope this unpleasant trend dissipates fairly quickly, otherwise stronger action will follow.

This type of posting merely succeeds in making others think twice about getting involved in threads, and will definitely be making possible new members think twice about joining.

Piriform has always been a friendly place, and the moderators have very rarely found the need to start acting like school teachers, as the members have very rarely acted like school children.

Thanks for voicing the subject login, and be assured, it will stop.

• Moderators

If anyone feels another member is getting out of line and it looks like nothing has happened just report the post. As for the couple of people being rude and posting rubbish posts lately we know of it.

Thanks, guys.

I don't think there is much danger of alienating new members, as long as they realize that most everybody here is pretty easy to get along with.

Nobody has fired any shots in my direction anyway. But I do rememeber the first few posts I made, they were sort of pitiable (and may still be, depending on whom you ask :P .) Glad nobody jumped on me then.

One can't expect the moderators to be "Post Nazis", that would also be unfriendly. One option is maybe to just ignore the obstreperous (been waiting for years to get to use that word) and they'll quiet down. I guess.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

As Dennis and Andavari have pointed out things do get discussed about members behavior and how to deal with things to the best advantage of the forum.

If you feel things have gone too far by a member in what they have posted, DO NOT HESITATE to let one of us know. We all want to keep this forum a good place to hang around.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com