How do you merge several photos in Paint.Net?

razz

I've been looking through instructions and I must be missing something because I can't find how to merge several photos in Paint.Net. What I want to do is somehow merge one photo of each of my 5 cats thereby creating one picture of all my 5 cats together.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

• Moderators

What I do in Paint.NET or Microsoft Paint is to calculate the pixel size of of both images - you'll need both height and width. Then create a new empty image at the size of both images combined then copy+paste them into the empty image and save it.

Another way is to create an HTML document with the pictures then copy it via a screenshot from the browser window.

Another way is in something like Microsoft Publisher, just input all images then do a print preview to make sure they don't run off screen, then save as one of the available image formats and it will create one big image with all pictures in it.

I've got the perfect thing for you razz.

"Photoscape" (Freeware)

Extremely handy program - I was able to accomplish my task with ease. Thank you again Dennis for the great tip.

Now I am left wondering if I even need Paint.Net.

What I do in Paint.NET or Microsoft Paint is to calculate the pixel size of of both images - you'll need both height and width. Then create a new empty image at the size of both images combined then copy+paste them into the empty image and save it.

Another way is to create an HTML document with the pictures then copy it via a screenshot from the browser window.

Another way is in something like Microsoft Publisher, just input all images then do a print preview to make sure they don't run off screen, then save as one of the available image formats and it will create one big image with all pictures in it.

Thank you Andavari for explaining how it would be possible with Paint.Net to accomplish what I had in mind.