Shortcut to open CCleaner's Cookies page directly

Selvan

It's now pinned to my Start menu with an arrow to mouse over to the task of running CCleaner or just opening Cleaner, registry, Tools, &/or Options.

I'd like to know how to just create a shortcut that will simply open CCleaner's Cookies page/tab.

Thanks,

Selvan

Win7HP64b OS

CC v2.34.1200

• Moderators

I like this idea +1

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

You can create a desktop shortcut which specifies /options as an argument which will load CCleaner with the Options tab open rather than the Cleaner tab.

After a minute of trial and error, I found this works for Registry (/registry), Tools (/tools) and Options (/options). Anything unrecognised loads the Cleaner tab.

I think you meant to you wanted to add the Cookies page to the CCleaner Jumplist. That is not possible unless the developers implement it.

In anycase Jumplist tasks are to provide quick access to the main sections of programs (Cleaner, Registry, Options and Tools) so I don't think Cookies should be there. Jumplists are quick access to 3 or 4 important application tasks, not another place to build an application menu.

As an aside it would be nice if all the commandline options were documented (maybe via /? argument or /help). The only other two I know are /AUTO and /AUTO /SHUTDOWN which clean or clean and shutdown.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi amhoyle,

No, not the Jump List. I meant the Start Menu, the one on the left side as oppose to the Jump List which is on the right. I place it there by clicking "Pin to Start Menu".

Currently, whether pinned or not, when I mouse over it, I see a 'Tasks' section at the top where there is an entry called 'Run CCleaner'. When clicked it runs the cleaner in the background where all I do is click yes to the UAC and no other prompts or windows are displayed.

Below the Tasks section above are these four entries 'Cleaner, registry, Tools, & Options', the four tabs of CC. When clicked, those tabs are opened accordingly just like the shortcuts you mentioned.

Let me point out that in the mentioned 'Tasks' section above, there already is a shortcut that:

opens CC, selects the Cleaner tab, and selects the 'Run Cleaner' button. So why not a shortcut that:

opens CC, selects the Options tab, and selects the Cookies tab?

Just noticed that all of that above with the 'Run CCleaner' in the Tasks section and the four tabs below it are from enabling 'Enable Windows Jump List Tasks' in the advanced options.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I know, the Jump List is where the computer user icon is at the top and things like 'computer, connect to, control panel', etc, etc, etc, appear below it.

The stuff I'm talkinf about appear in the Start Menu and extend from it.

• Moderators

The stuff I'm talkinf about appear in the Start Menu and extend from it.

that's jumplists

also this

post-21882-128423234112_thumb.png

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

You can create a desktop shortcut which specifies /options as an argument which will load CCleaner with the Options tab open rather than the Cleaner tab.

I'd like this shortcut, please tell me how to make it.

I'd like this shortcut, please tell me how to make it.

Add a new short cut.

Right click

Properties

In target "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /options

No fate but what we make