CCleaner

Warlock

Just wanted to say hello to my good friends at the Forum; I've missed you. Illness has caused sporadic participation. Back in April I asked for help in correcting intermittent sweeps. Some days it is perfect, others not. My friends responded and thank you again. I was able to save about all comments except a computer malfunction blocked I believe one from Dennis. Sadly I have been unable to address the recommendations but I am going to try to work on them and get back to all of you. Thanks again so much, warmest regards and take care.

Your friend,

Warlock

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see you back Warlock :) Let us know if you have anymore questions.

P.S. I have been trying to block Dennis for years, how did you manage it :lol:

Hi Hazelnut, how's my good friend today? I just hopped on for a few minutes; can't stay long. It was good to hear from you lady and thanks for the welcome back. Now, now that arrow you fired at Dennis was hilarious. I'm sure he saw it. Better go for now. You take care and I'm still working with my CCleaner if it would just stay constant. Will be in touch. Warlock

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

Hey Warlock.

It is nice to see you on here again, even if it's just to insult me. :lol:

I can't get the better of hazel. She gets up too early for me.

Look after yourself, and hope to see you again soon.

:)

Hi Dennis,

I hope you will forgive me but I don't log in every day and found your note by accident while searching your previous posts. I thought I might be able to find the wonderful detailed suggestions you provided as I was unable to make a copy due to computer problems. On top of that I'm still floundering with the use of the forum as my situations, another experienced recently, simply prevents me from mastering anything. Maybe I could just use the PM feature so I can communicate with my friends if that would not be out of line. Any suggestions would be great. I did peruse two hundred posts of yours the other day but could not find the post you provided me. With respect to Hazelnut, when I responded to her post about you and said it was hilarious I then started wondering if I had said something that offended you and it concerned me. I would never do that. I have been comforting myself in assuming that you two are long-standing friends and no harm was done. Hazel grabbed the opportunity from my copy problem and apparently ran with it. LOL I'm glad there are such friendships and that is another reason I just love this forum. The Mrs. thought the kind get wells and welcoming were so nice and from so far away. Well my friend, I'm up early, can't sleep, so I thought I would hop on and see what was cooking. It's slightly past 6:15 a.m. EST here so I think I'll stretch out a little. I hope my note has made sense. Take care, Dennis and hope to chat with you again soon. Always, Warlock

• Moderators

Hi Warlock.

I've no problem with you contacting me whichever way is better for you, but it's actually nice to see you posting on the forums where you will no doubt pick up one or two other friends.

But if you need, or want, to pm me, then no problems at all.

And you haven't offended me in the least, I thought hazel's comment was a touch of genius. I would have have told her that myself, but for some reason I don't seem to be able to pm her any more. :lol:

Take care.

EDIT: What was that info I gave you about Warlock? I should be able to find it if it was a topic post.

Hi Warlock.

I've no problem with you contacting me whichever way is better for you, but it's actually nice to see you posting on the forums where you will no doubt pick up one or two other friends.

But if you need, or want, to pm me, then no problems at all.

And you haven't offended me in the least, I thought hazel's comment was a touch of genius. I would have have told her that myself, but for some reason I don't seem to be able to pm her any more. :lol:

Take care.

EDIT: What was that info I gave you about Warlock? I should be able to find it if it was a topic post.

Hi Dennis,

After suffering two crashes this morning I decided to explore the forum a bit before it goes out again. I don't know what is happening and I'm trying to contact someone for some help. Anyway, I found your message strictly by luck poking around. I don't know why I'm having so much trouble mastering this. Guess there's so much going on I just can't get the time to devote to learning the ins and outs so forgive me if replying is somewhat belated.

Thank you so much for the understanding and the options to contact you. I'm relieved there's no problem with the Hazelnut thing. Everybody's different and you don't know how they feel about some things until you get to know them. As far as the information you were kind enough to provide me and I was so unlucky as to not be able to save, it had to be around the latter part of April when I first asked the forum for help under the CCleaner section where I told how the cleaner at times performs a perfect sweep and at times only cleans a portion. Some of my other friends gave some short suggestions but your response was massive and very detailed. I was able to save theirs but not yours due to some malfunction. I noticed that when I try to save a page of replies there's a huge blackening that appears all across my screen near the top of the list of responses. It's really weird, don't have a clue why it does that. I hope this is helpful in finding your post to me as I stated in my last to you I looked through the previous two hundred of your posts but could not find the one you sent me.

Well, I've gabbed enough so I'll hop off and try to attend to some chores. Take care my friend and thanks so much again. Warlock

• Moderators

Hi Warlock.

Could this be the thread and the post you mention:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=28375&view=findpost&p=170411

Not particularly big, although a slightly different suggestion from the other guys about disabling all Firefox plug-ins manually as running Firefox in Safe Mode only disables Extensions and Themes.

Regarding the black line across the top of the screen, do you have access to another monitor into which you can plug your PC? That would help in ascertaining whether it's a monitor issue or a computer one.

And you mention your computer crashing. Can you give any more details about that?

Are you getting a "Blue Screen" with the crash, and is there any error message or error numbers displayed when it happens?

Just provide what you can Warlock, when you can, and maybe we can throw some light on the problems.

And if you're not too sure about any of this, I would be happy for you to pm me if you would prefer.

Hope that helps.

Hi Warlock.

Could this be the thread and the post you mention:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=28375&view=findpost&p=170411

Not particularly big, although a slightly different suggestion from the other guys about disabling all Firefox plug-ins manually as running Firefox in Safe Mode only disables Extensions and Themes.

Regarding the black line across the top of the screen, do you have access to another monitor into which you can plug your PC? That would help in ascertaining whether it's a monitor issue or a computer one.

And you mention your computer crashing. Can you give any more details about that?

Are you getting a "Blue Screen" with the crash, and is there any error message or error numbers displayed when it happens?

Just provide what you can Warlock, when you can, and maybe we can throw some light on the problems.

And if you're not too sure about any of this, I would be happy for you to pm me if you would prefer.

Hope that helps.

Hi Dennis,

How's my dear friend across the pond today. I just decided to check around the forum and found your kind letter of August 23 posted. Sorry for some delay but as usual issues pending prevent me from checking frequently as you know. It was good to hear from you as always. Are you ready for a long-winded one? LOL Yesterday was my birthday, 67 and feel twice that. I tried to just let it pass but the family and friends saw otherwise. Even got E-cards from my connections. I told the Mrs. if she just has to get me something make it a generous supply of 9v batteries for all my devices which she did but just had to get a cake.

I opened your thread and you hit it right on the mark. I was able to save all the posts including yours and was able to save it in my bookmarks and desktop so I can refer to all responses now. When I saved, that blackening appeared again for some reason but it chopped off only my original post which doesn't matter. I can get that anytime. It might be the pages are so long it doesn't get everything. I have another monitor somewhere we were given by a friend but unlike a keyboard wouldn't it have to be configured or can one just plug it in. I don't have a clue on how to do configuring but I won't worry about it for now.

Concerning the crashes, yes I have received error messages with a blue screen and recommendations on how to correct but they're too technical for me. I finally got in contact with my good friend who's a computer tech and been so kind to help me. He's able to work remotely and check out my computer from home and if need be come by the house. After doing a thorough check of the system it looks like he agrees with the MS error report and recommendations which are too technical for me. It looks like the problem is with the RAM and/or something on the motherboard which he feels he can correct at a reasonable cost which is good.

I probably should give this to put in my file-OS-Windows XP w/SP3, browser is Firefox v. 3.6.8 and current CCleaner 2.35. I'll share what I checked from the responses from my good friends and confess I don't have that much accomplished. Ident asked if the 24 hour item was unchecked and it is. Nergal asked if Firefox was completely killed and going into Task Manager Firefox was not present in the list. I'm sorry but Andavari asked something but I don't have that post available for some reason, damn. With respect to yours, I have not gotten to disabling the plug-ins to see if they are problematic and I am having a bit of trouble understanding what you meant, i.e. Firefox in safe mode, etc. I apologize for the stupidity buddy. I'm about ready to set this thing out in the middle of the roadway.

Well, I hope I have put something down that makes sense and if not do not hesitate to straighten me out. I'll close for now, I'm burnt out and need to rest. Thanks again and it was great to hear from you. Have a good one my friend and take care. As always, your friend Warlock

Hello Warlock,

I just want to point out that you should make your posts as precise as possible so that the others don't have to read everything - only the important stuff.

Thank you. :)

I hope you have a pleasant time here.

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators

ishan I think given Warlock's health and age he does really well to post at all.

We don't mind when old friends like Warlock drop in and chat a bit more than perhaps others do.

So just keep posting Warlock and don't worry about the extra word or two :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hello Warlock,

I just want to point out that you should make your posts as precise as possible so that the others don't have to read everything - only the important stuff.

Thank you. :)

I hope you have a pleasant time here.

Dear ishan,

I do hope you will accept my most sincere, deepest apologies for my long-winded, some times irrelevant and personal, off the track posts. I did not mean to get off track but that is just the way I express myself, sorry if I was out of line, maybe I need to work on it. Take care and I did add you as a friend. Warlock

ishan I think given Warlock's health and age he does really well to post at all.

We don't mind when old friends like Warlock drop in and chat a bit more than perhaps others do.

So just keep posting Warlock and don't worry about the extra word or two :)

Hi there Lady,

It was so good to hear from you. You saw I assume my post about you and Dennis. I was worried that I had caused some trouble. Thank you for standing up for me. I really didn't mean to offend anyone. I wrote ishan an apology for my style as I want as the last thing to do something that would make me not welcome on this forum. Thanks again, take care and PM me sometime if you wish. My door's always open. Warlock

Dear ishan,

I do hope you will accept my most sincere, deepest apologies for my long-winded, some times irrelevant and personal, off the track posts. I did not mean to get off track but that is just the way I express myself, sorry if I was out of line, maybe I need to work on it. Take care and I did add you as a friend. Warlock

Oh my. You don't need to because you weren't doing anything wrong at all. REALLY. Guess, I was just being my reckless self and was a bit rude right there. You write really well. :)

I have accepted the friend request, Warlock.

Simplicity is hard.

Hi there Lady,

It was so good to hear from you. You saw I assume my post about you and Dennis. I was worried that I had caused some trouble. Thank you for standing up for me. I really didn't mean to offend anyone. I wrote ishan an apology for my style as I want as the last thing to do something that would make me not welcome on this forum. Thanks again, take care and PM me sometime if you wish. My door's always open. Warlock

Dear Warlock,

You haven't done any thing that would make you unwelcome. I have just been stressed of late with my school and it was me who was at fault. I hope you understand.

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators

Hi Warlock.

Here's something for you to file away in the old braincells. There isn't such a thing as a stupid question, or stupidity as you put it. Lack of knowledge on any subject is just that, and we're all in that position until we ask the question, whatever it is.

Now stupid answers are something else, and you might find one or two of them flying around the web.

Your queries.

To run Firefox in Safe Mode (not to be confused with windows Safe Mode), go to "Start\All Programs\Mozilla Firefox\Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)".

That will launch Firefox with Extensions and Themes disabled. You will get a popup then to ask if you want to make the changes permanent. Don't check any of the boxes, just click "Continue In Safe Mode".

Then once launched, in the Firefox Menu Bar, go to "Tools\Add Ons\Plugins". If you left click each plugin entry, you will highlight a "disable" button. Highlight and disable them one by one.

There may be a plugin called "Windows Presentation Foundation", and I can't remember if it's possible to disable that one as I binned it a while ago. I would suggest you do the same.

Some instructions here ...

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/10/18/how-to-uninstall-windows-presentation-foundation-plugin-in-firefox/

... and I'll guide you through it if you need me to. If it's not there, then no worries.

Then do whatever it is you do, and if the problem has gone, then it's something added to Firefox causing the issue.

Either a theme, a plugin, or an extension. If the problem still occurs, then at least you've eliminated quite a few things.

Once you've done that, you can simply "enable" the plugins again, and the extensions and themes (if you have them) will be back next time you launch Firefox normally.

Of course, you don't need to do any of this if you don't want, or do them whenever you feel up to it. They're just suggestions, and it's just a computer after all. Although I wouldn't put it in the road just yet. :lol:

More important is that you take care of yourself, and we'll see you next time you get on here.

Dear Warlock,

You haven't done any thing that would make you unwelcome. I have just been stressed of late with my school and it was me who was at fault. I hope you understand.

Hi ishan,

Just logged on and was reading your kind note. Hey, I understand, we all get some extra weight sometimes and I hope things settle down with school. Listen up. What happened didn't bend me out of shape. I'm not that thin skinned, buddy, as far as I'm concerned it's over. I'm a behavioral scientist with several degrees and love to study other cultures. Perhaps we can PM and talk about your homeland sometime. I have several friends in India. Thanks for the Edit and birthday wish. Take care and we'll talk.

Your friend, Warlock

Hi Warlock.

Here's something for you to file away in the old braincells. There isn't such a thing as a stupid question, or stupidity as you put it. Lack of knowledge on any subject is just that, and we're all in that position until we ask the question, whatever it is.

Now stupid answers are something else, and you might find one or two of them flying around the web.

Your queries.

To run Firefox in Safe Mode (not to be confused with windows Safe Mode), go to "Start\All Programs\Mozilla Firefox\Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)".

That will launch Firefox with Extensions and Themes disabled. You will get a popup then to ask if you want to make the changes permanent. Don't check any of the boxes, just click "Continue In Safe Mode".

Then once launched, in the Firefox Menu Bar, go to "Tools\Add Ons\Plugins". If you left click each plugin entry, you will highlight a "disable" button. Highlight and disable them one by one.

There may be a plugin called "Windows Presentation Foundation", and I can't remember if it's possible to disable that one as I binned it a while ago. I would suggest you do the same.

Some instructions here ...

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/10/18/how-to-uninstall-windows-presentation-foundation-plugin-in-firefox/

... and I'll guide you through it if you need me to. If it's not there, then no worries.

Then do whatever it is you do, and if the problem has gone, then it's something added to Firefox causing the issue.

Either a theme, a plugin, or an extension. If the problem still occurs, then at least you've eliminated quite a few things.

Once you've done that, you can simply "enable" the plugins again, and the extensions and themes (if you have them) will be back next time you launch Firefox normally.

Of course, you don't need to do any of this if you don't want, or do them whenever you feel up to it. They're just suggestions, and it's just a computer after all. Although I wouldn't put it in the road just yet. :lol:

More important is that you take care of yourself, and we'll see you next time you get on here.

My good friend Dennis,

I just read your usual kind letter and tips on what to try. I'm so appreciative of your devoting the understanding and time to help me. You're tops and a great friend. I was able to save all of the posts listed to include yours but the black plague covered up my post at the beginning but it's no concern. It's more important to preserve what you say. Well, as usual, the ole Crap Cleaner is doing it to me. Yesterday and today it worked perfectly, a total, thorough clean sweep. Hope it stays a while as I look for some wood to knock on. Wife says the head will suffice. LOL Well buddy, let me hop off for now and later on today I hope to start addressing some of the great ideas of yours. Take care Dennis and thanks so much.

Warlock