Firefox and the new Google Images.

Anomaly

Anybody else notice that Firefox doesn't work well at all with the new Google Images? I find it hanging and very slow. It's terrible. Works fine with Chrome. Opera doesn't use the new Google Images so no problem there either.

I take it than that no one esle has noticed the new Google Images site performing poorly with Firefox? It hangs and runs slow on all my machines so I don't think it's something with my install of Firefox.

• Moderators

I've just upgraded to 3.6.8., and have just tried google images, and it's loading and rendering OK for me.

Mind you this is my first spin with it, and the worst thing was seeing this picture. Criminal!!

Not very cool doing this with this car:

I'll let you know if I encounter a similar problem down the line. (Assuming I'm on the right google images, as I never use them.)

Just as an example, this page renders instantly, and the subsequent pages as you scroll down, render just as quickly.

Google Images:

Nice cars. I clicked the link and the page appears instantly but the progress bar in the status bar and the throbber on the tool bar and the progress bar on my tabs all freeze for a min than more of the page appears as the page fully loads. There is definitely something not right. As I said Chrome works fine and Opera is not supported so it still uses the old Google images. Maybe it's one of my addons. I'm thinking maybe Ad Block plus. I will try and disable it and see what happens.