Multi-User support

Metshrine

Is it possible to get MULTI-USER support in a future release of CCleaner? Currently NO temp file cleaner supports this. What I mean by multi-user is this, CCleaner will be smart enough to detect the user accounts listed under c:\documents and settings and then scan each users folder and clear temp files/history/cookies, etc from each of the accounts without having to run it from each account (Of course this would require admin access). Would this be possible?

That's been discussed many times, it's up to MrG if he wants to do that or not. You're wrong about there being no program that does this now, however. EasyCleaner has this function: http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/...ne.htm#download

Not as convenient as CCleaner, but I use it occasionally to supplement CCleaner (which I use daily). Do not run its "Duplicates" scan, though, it's dangerous!

• 2 months later...

I searched these forums and didn't find a solution myself, so I created a batch file to clean the basic Temp and Temporary Internet Files folders for all users.

for /D %%I in ("c:\documents and settings\*.*") do del /s /q "%%I\local settings\temporary internet files\*.*"for /D %%I in ("c:\documents and settings\*.*") do del /s /q "%%I\local settings\temp\*.*"

Just place this code in a batch file and run it with an Admin account and it should clean all files for all user profiles.

YMMV, so use it or ignore this post as you wish.

That's been discussed many times, it's up to MrG if he wants to do that or not. You're wrong about there being no program that does this now, however. EasyCleaner has this function:? http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/...ne.htm#download

Not as convenient as CCleaner, but I use it occasionally to supplement CCleaner (which I use daily). Do not run its "Duplicates" scan, though, it's dangerous!

20255[/snapback]