AVAST vs. AVG vs. E-TRUST

tommyk

<_< Seems to me this topic has been thrashed to death lately. AVG and Avast are both free and yes Etrust costs. rridgley says Etrust is best and uses less resources. It's free for one year so get it , use it, and if you don't like it after the trial period get a freebie..... ;)

..........and Make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle

Keep your software up to date

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?

• Moderators

exactly acooldozen, get etrust and you wont want anything else period. If you dumb and you hate it then you can always go for one of the crappy free ones. :D (Joke of course I do like avast and avg but they just cant touch etrust).

• Moderators

I honestly think Etrust is the best. I have tried all of the major avs and in my opinion its the lightest on resouce usage and has some of the best real time protection. I have never had it not detect a virus or not remove it. My trial of etrust ended about a month ago and I went right out and bought a renewal. If anyone knows me they know how little software I actually buy. So for me to have paid for it you know I think its good.

A close second is nod32. Its interface is much uglier than etrust and it costs a little more.

• 2 years later...

I know that AVG and etrust are the best, though i have found AVG to be better then etrust. I find that even though AVG uses more recources it actualy protects the computer etrust does as well but not very well. Anyway when u compare the recource usage of AVG to Windows it uses very little recources

I honestly think Etrust is the best.

For some reason, I thought it wasn't too long ago that you had pretty good vibes about AVG 8.0 -- am I mistaken about that?

By the way, is eTrust now CA?

Oops!! Guess I'm a few years behind in responding to rridgely on this one :blink: .

Hmmm, wonder why Avira AntiVir is left out of this. I haven't tried E Trust but I have tried Avast and AVG8 and I like Avira AntiVir much better than both of them.
Avira AntiVir is working quite happily on my old 500MHZ PIII

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

ill go with..avast becoz..

AVAST is double purpose you can use it as AV and ALARM as well :lol::lol:

by the way i am now using AVIRA... :P becoz avast is HARD,HARD to use example in midnight i love to run a full scan..avast han no AUTO MOVE TO CHEST you must manualy click it :unsure: