kmmkmm

People could be losing in use work

I agree, but this problem can be easy solved with option pop-up window,

with question like:

"Are you sure you want to perform cleaning at this moment?"

Or something like that...

Sincerely, Mykhaylo.

• Moderators

To add to the losing in use work is the possibility of actually becoming annoyed by the pop-up and clicking the wrong box, excuse me for being so obviously blunt but it's another bonehead feature request. To me is just sounds like an annoying feature having to click upon a pop-up box asking if something needs cleaned, and the will add bloat comments are also true since it would mean some part of CCleaner would always have to be resident. I don't really think such a feature is logical.

Wouldn't it be possible to use the Windows Task Scheduler to call CCleaner every X amount of hours using a commandline switch?

EDIT: Yes, it is possible and I now have CCleaner running every day at 11am :) Working on a GUI to automate this now.

I'm Shane.

Wouldn't it be possible to use the Windows Task Scheduler to call CCleaner every X amount of hours using a commandline switch?

EDIT: Yes, it is possible and I now have CCleaner running every day at 11am :) Working on a GUI to automate this now.

Why on earth would you need to make a program to run ccleaner?

No fate but what we make

When you have finished with the computer it probably takes 3 or 4 clicks to tell the computer to shut-down.

When I have finished I simply double click a SHUTDOWN icon on the desktop which launches CCleaner in AutoShutDown mode to clean all junk whilst I am cleaning my teeth, and when I am ready for bed the computer is off and I just switch off the lights. My life is not "Put on Hold" whilst I wait for CCleaner to finish and allow me to resume my work that was so rudely interrupted by a scheduler ! ! !

My daughter has a separate profile I cannot clean, but the SHUTDOWN icon is easier for her than the old way,

and it gives ME the special bonus that when I log on all of her caches and other junk are no longer wasting "free space" on the HDD.

Every one is a winner.

Alan

Why on earth would you need to make a program to run ccleaner?

No, a program to tell CCleaner when to run in the background (it opens as nothing more than a tray icon and does its thing invisible to the user.)I have it set to run twice a day whenever the PC is idle.

I'm Shane.

No, a program to tell CCleaner when to run in the background (it opens as nothing more than a tray icon and does its thing invisible to the user.)I have it set to run twice a day whenever the PC is idle.

you just completly said what i said..... ccleaner has not been coded as back ground worker.

why oh why would u try to create an app to run an app

/me sighs

No fate but what we make

I don't think its a useless idea at all. If you are an inexperienced user, you probably don't even know how to use the bloody Task Scheduler and if you accidentally mess anything in the Task Scheduler, that would be more trouble. And its so much more easier to set up the schedule on CCleaner's own user interface.

I understand that you long time members here all know how to use the Task Scheduler, but its too rude for you to say that its a "pointless idea". How could it be pointless that it was suggested many many times by several users who see its point of significance???

If you don't want the schedule to pop up a dialog box and say "perform cleaning now" of course there should be an option to just disable the scheduling or at least disable the pop up dialog box when there is a scheduled cleaning.

The only schedulable option you can set on CCleaner by its own user interface is to make it run cleaning when the computer starts, not really convenient if I don't want it to run everytime at that point.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

I don't think its a useless idea at all.

but its too rude for you to say that its a "pointless idea". How could it be pointless that it was suggested many many times by several users who see its point of significance???

If you don't want the schedule to pop up a dialog box and say "perform cleaning now" of course there should be an option to just disable the scheduling or at least disable the pop up dialog box when there is a scheduled cleaning.

COMPLETELY AGREE. ThanX a lot for better explanation and support of my opinion (even if you did not really support "my" idea)

to add this feature: cleaning by schedule. Piriform products forever!!! :)))

I don't really think such a feature is logical.

I think no one can say this: "in our world everything is logical"

Some things in our life are all about "what I need", but not "what is logical" for somebody else.

We are all different with different needs, lifestyle, habits.

Sincerely, Mykhaylo.

COMPLETELY AGREE. ThanX a lot for better explanation and support of my opinion (even if you did not really support "my" idea)

to add this feature: cleaning by schedule. Piriform products forever!!! :)))

Mate, I support the scheduling idea and I have long been wanting it too :)

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

Well you would be wrong:

07_32_06_cleanerbg.jpg

you even understand what a back ground worker is???

No fate but what we make

Backgroundworkers (notice that their is no space) are controls that allow a code to be run in a background thread using Invoke calls rather than Asynchronous cross thread calls in order to update the UI thread. Out of interest, why is the ability to run in a backgroundworker in any way integral to an applications ability to use a scheduler? The reason I was "creating an app to run an app" as you so intelligently put it is because I (like many other people here) think that a scheduler is a genuinely good idea. If the moderators and yourself think that it is entirely "bonehead" and pointless, then I will simply create an automatic scheduler myself. I've modified the binaries to create plugins for more complex programs than CCleaner (although I admit they are usually games; which typically facilitate some sort of manipulation to begin with) - It will be a challenge but not altogether impossible.

I'm Shane.

• 2 weeks later...