Feature requests

Fred.

Hi,

I thought I might make a thread to consolidate all possible feature requests for future releases into one thread - to make it easier rather than have topics here and there everywhere.

Is it planned for Speccy to branch out into a benchmarking tool? I can see its market opening up further if this feature is added, though I acknowledge there would be an immense amount of work for this to happen.

Also, it would be great if network adapters were mentioned in the lists as well. Maybe a new category instead of landing under Peripherals?

Cheers

-Fred

I would like to have a "copy" option in Speccy which copied out the basic details of my system--to post in troubleshooting forums, for instance, showing the basics of my hardware/software configuration in a line or two.

I have Windows 7 Professional, but Operating System is just shown as "MS Windows 7 64-bit", so I had to look under explorer Help->About to see whether I have Professional/Ultimate/Enterprise etc. Could you enhance it to show the actual "trim" of OS that is installed?

Hi,

I thought I might make a thread to consolidate all possible feature requests for future releases into one thread - to make it easier rather than have topics here and there everywhere.

Is it planned for Speccy to branch out into a benchmarking tool? I can see its market opening up further if this feature is added, though I acknowledge there would be an immense amount of work for this to happen.

Also, it would be great if network adapters were mentioned in the lists as well. Maybe a new category instead of landing under Peripherals?

Cheers

-Fred

I just realised that there is a category called network already existing. So scratch that as far as a feature request goes...

Irha, which version of Speccy do you have? I have v1.02.156, and under the category of Operating System, it tells me the version of Win7 I'm running, the date I installed it, and my serial number of said installation.

I reckon it would be great if there was the option of minimising it to the system tray, so perhaps one may have it running in the background and generating a graph of temperatures, ie the CPU, similar to the CPU activity graph of Windows Task Manager?

Just another idea.

-Fred

Hello!

I'm new to Speccy, but have been a long-time user of Belarc Advisor. I love the way Speccy shows much more detail about the inside components. However, I've found it VERY helpful and useful that Advisor lets you save the "report" into an archive .MHT file. This has been priceless in documenting my customer's hardware and software setup. I realize there is an XML export, but I haven't seen the output to be anywhere near as clean and nicely setup as Belarc's. Maybe you could add an option for .MHT output as well? In this way, we could save the profile in a much easier to read format? :rolleyes:

Just a thought.

Otherwise, I LOVE this tool! I would switch to it instead if it simply had this one

additional feature!

Thanks for some GREAT work! :D

You guys ROCK!

Hi,

Long time Speccy user, but I'd really like to stop using Belarc Advisor completely.

It would be good if you could accumulate a list of currently installed programs (maybe a simple text list like CCleaner can create).

Another feature would be to grab the Office version (11,12,14 32bit/64bit) and it's product key. If it could grab others like Belarc does that would be good too (Like Adobe, AutoCAD, etc)

The new print feature is amazing. Thank you.

Irha, which version of Speccy do you have? I have v1.02.156, and under the category of Operating System, it tells me the version of Win7 I'm running, the date I installed it, and my serial number of said installation.

I had 1.02.156 and realized there is newer version, so updated it and it still just shows "MS Windows 7 64-bit", no professional in it.

Silent command line option that could output in xml. Would even be worth paying for to us if it had that.

Software summary with licenses from known products (windows/office/adobe/etc) would be a great feature as well. If belarc advisor can pull this information no reason why speccy shouldn't be able to.

Thanks!

Need a command-line version that would allow us to audit a machine from the command-line, saving results to a file. Having to run this manually on each machine is painfully expensive in time.

Hi,

I like the way speccy is well laid out.

Could you please add the mac address of the network cards to the network section.

+1 to the mac address being listed. Also, if possible it'd be nice if it listed the connected 802.11 network connection type (A/B/G/N).

i have a question: whats the "work resolution"

it shows me my current resolution and then work resolution, and for every machine i see the work resolution is the Current but 40 pixels less on the height.

can someone explain that to me?

and if there was explanations for things like 'work resolution' in speccy I'd love it. but other wise i haven't a complaint :)

Hi,

I also have some ideas for new features of Speccy!

I think it could be useful to build in a new category with a fan-control so could see the actual rpm of all installed fans. It would be great if there would be the actual temperatures, too, so you can compare the rotation of the fans with the actual temperature and can see where a problem with too hot temperatures can be fixed.

It could also be good to let Speccy play a sound when temperatures are too hot, so users running Speccy in background would notify that their system is to hot. Combined with the already named feature of integration in the system tray that would be a powerful feature.

Another thing I would like to have changed is, that if I open a temperature diagram and then open another the first one disappears. I think it would be better if you can open as many diagrams as you want and close them separately.

Another idea is to integrate the actual power usage of components or the whole system. I'm not sure if this is possible on all hardware, but my mainboard (Asus P5E) supports displaying the actual power usage of my CPU.

For the temperature I would like to have displayed not only the actual, but also the highest in lowest while Speccy is running. That could be helpful to find problematic values. If you will build in my other ideas that would be the same for the fan rotation and the power usage.

I think Speccy is a powerful tool!

• 1 month later...

- Add tempture reading support for Pentium 4 Processors

- Fix the rounding error for RAM in the summery section e.g. 1280MB != 1.3GB (1280 / 1024 = 1.25GB)

Do the coders read this forum page?? :blink:

Richard S.

• 11 months later...