3 suggestions for CCleaner...

mr don

I have worked with CCleaner a while, & there are 3 areas that would really make things easier for me & others if these were improved.

- Add the option to right click a startup item & go to file location. Too frequently, some item named @37482097 (you get the picture!) is difficult to guess it it is really malware/normal startup items related to intel update checker/hp software etc...

It would really help being able to tell what the file is, so having a way to right click/go to file location would be very helpful!

>

Startup Items:

Lately, there have been a number of impossible to get rid of startup items. At least, using CCleaner. The reason is that CCleaner only checks normal startup item locations. But BHO & Tasks startup items are ignored & allowed to load forever. This machine I just checked has an internet offers set as a task & to always run on reboot. Very, very, very annoying.

I would love to see CCleaner check for these items under startup as well:

- BHO (Browser Helper Object)

- Tasks (Running tasks)

Please give us the ability to disable/delete BHO & Tasks!

Tasks folder has started to be the new startup annoyance on computers!

Now, the new startup items are mostly BHO related or Tasks related. Many people frantically check their regular startup items without realizing that BHO & Tasks are 2 other startup items they forget to check...

It may be easier if startup is broken into 3 key areas. BHO/Startup/Tasks...

If you can give us this, it will make things soooo much simpler for me & lots of others! Thank you!

>

If you like these suggestions, please feel free to add your support or criticism below. Would love to know what you think!

If you like these suggestions, please feel free to add your support or criticism below. Would love to know what you think!

I gave you a '+' plus

but "action failed"

When will that get fixed ? ! ? !

Alan