Problem: CCleaner does not clean Flash

some1

My system: Windows XP SP2 Home Edition IE 7

Flash player version 10.1.53.64, no download manager.

Ever since Abobe changed the web interface for the security/privacy settings CCleaner hasn't been able to properly clean Flash on my system.

I was using an older version of CCleaner (December 2009) but because of this particular issue I upgraded to the latest build, slim build.

Flash as an application is ticked.

I include:

documents and setting/username/application data/adobe/flash player

documents and setting/username/application data/macromedia/flash player/#SharedObjects

documents and setting/username/application data/macromedia/flash player/macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/sys

In the older version I just selected the folders, in the latest version subfolders and files.

Exclusion:

documents and setting/username/application data/macromedia/flash player/macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/sys/settings

Whenever I run CCleaner and check the web interface afterwards ('flash security settings') I notice that the junk in:

{documents and setting/username/application data/macromedia/flash player/macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/sys}

is still there ! I can also notice it by selecting the folder on my computer.

What's going on ? How is it possible that despite my inclusions the data in that folder is not erased ?

Thank you for your time.

• Moderators

the adobe flash player tick in ccleaner will (and does) clean the flash cookies

Which are found

Windows 7

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\XXX\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

C:\Documents and Settings\XXX\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\

I have also an added recent files clean in my winapp2.ini (see my signature)

[*Adobe Flash Most recent Files]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer
Default=True
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer

though I'm not sure if that is valid anylonger

I would say that probably what is still there is due to running browser while cleaning and/or the selection of some cookies to keep (for instance I keep "g-ecx.images-amazon.com", and it is a flash cookie, so there remains this file after I clean the adobe flash player section of ccleaner).

can you do us a favor and right click "Adobe flash Player" in ccleaner and choosing clean, then right click the results,choose save to text file and post them here, with any remarks toward files left behind afterwards.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I have also an added recent files clean in my winapp2.ini (see my signature)

[*Adobe Flash Most recent Files]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer
Default=True
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer

though I'm not sure if that is valid anylonger

I have that registry key location myself, however it's empty.

• Moderators

I have that registry key location myself, however it's empty.

I think it's part of the original winapp2.ini (I tend to preface my entries with a **)

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Hello, I am having the same issue with CC not cleaning flash history.

I am running:

Flash Build: WIN 10,1,53,64

Browsers: FF 3.6.6, Chrome 5.0.375.99 and Opera 10.60

CCleaner: v2.33.1184

If someone were to run CCleaner right now and then go over to the flash manager here and verify the history, that would be great.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

• Moderators

Hello, I am having the same issue with CC not cleaning flash history.

I am running:

Flash Build: WIN 10,1,53,64

Browsers: FF 3.6.6, Chrome 5.0.375.99 and Opera 10.60

CCleaner: v2.33.1184

If someone were to run CCleaner right now and then go over to the flash manager here and verify the history, that would be great.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

Please see this topic

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=27165&hl=Flash

• Moderators

Owners and employees of Piriform do read the posts each day but don't usually answer queries etc unless they are bug related.

Most of the members here, including the moderators, do not work for Piriform, we are just people giving free time here on forum

Nergal is a member who gives valuable and helpful information to posters such as yourself.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I would say that probably what is still there is due to running browser while cleaning and/or the selection of some cookies to keep (for instance I keep "g-ecx.images-amazon.com", and it is a flash cookie, so there remains this file after I clean the adobe flash player section of ccleaner).

can you do us a favor and right click "Adobe flash Player" in ccleaner and choosing clean, then right click the results,choose save to text file and post them here, with any remarks toward files left behind afterwards.

I was not running a browser nor had I selected some cookies to keep.

I did as you asked. I don't have the log file anymore, but the log showed that the (correct) path/file settings.sol had been cleaned. However, after doing this the settings file was still there, plus one Flash 'cookie'.

• 1 month later...

Exclusion:

documents and setting/username/application data/macromedia/flash player/macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/sys/settings

Whenever I run CCleaner and check the web interface afterwards ('flash security settings') I notice that the junk in:

{documents and setting/username/application data/macromedia/flash player/macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/sys}

is still there ! I can also notice it by selecting the folder on my computer.

What's going on ? How is it possible that despite my inclusions the data in that folder is not erased ?

Thank you for your time.

This is from a posting that has a lot of info about background web tracking. Read closely the last part about listings which will still show up on the adobe's Website Storage Settings Panel site even after cleaning:

Flash stores shared objects in this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\

Flash stores site-specific Flash cookies in this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\

Flash stores global settings and previously-visted websites having Flash cookies in this file:

C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol

BetterPrivacy has an option labeled "Also auto-delete Flashplayer default cookie (settings.sol)" that refers to this file. If the user enables this option, then Flash global settings are deleted too and revert to defaults. I prefer not to use default global settings, which ask the user's permission for potentially dangerous actions, because I share my PC with an inexperienced user. By not deleting the default cookie, the user will see previously-visited websites in the Website Storage Settings Panel. But notice that there is no storage used for each after BetterPrivacy deletes the Flash cookies.

I haven't checked out if this is the case but the author seemed to know his/her stuff. This info came from here:

http://forums.comodo.com/other-security-products/automatically-blockdelete-super-cookies-t39123.0.html;wap2=