Anti Virus software?

Stephen

NOD32 is the one!! I used AVG free's for years. It's very good for free but has fallen over the past year. Kaspersky has the best signature file for on-demand runs. But NOD32 has made major improvements and that together with it's unrivaled heuristics for catching threatware before signatures are even written. And there is no AV that has less of a system performance impact without sacrificing safety. Whatever you do, stay away from Norton and Symantec.

Use NOD32 and use Trend's online HouseCall as a weekly/monthly backup-on demand.

I'm interested in feedback on AVG 7.0 Professional, Kaspersky AV 5.0, and NOD32 software.  Pros & cons, particularly versus each other.

Ok, I've been testing NOD32 on my system. One problem - I have Side Step travel software on my system and NOD32 insists it is dangerous malware. The only options I appear to have are (a) quarantine it, (B) delete it or © keep getting annoying messages about it from NOD32. Is there a way to tell it I want it to accept Side Step and quit warning about it?

Also, does anyone know anything about Bit Defender 9 Standard?